Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Teraflex 4" lift W%F review customer service lame!

Old 06-24-2010, 02:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex for the WIN! i made an oopsy :P

Everything was purchased new and from a reputable shop - all boxes looked unopened and untampered with

well i dont really know where to start - spent the afternoon into tonight installing my new Teraflex 4" lift and ...... well..... all went pretty smooth as long as you dont count the not getting a bunch of parts or Tearflex not really caring to help me, which was quite sad because after reading all the reviews thats what made me decided to go with teraflex and spend a little extra money. After all the reviews and how helpul the tearflex rep is on here I figured i would be spending alot more money with them ( drive shafts, upper arms, maybe a brake kit) but i dont know now

i was shorted the front adjustable track bar but hey they were nice enough to include the instruction manual for it - that was nice ... or frustrating

- shorted the hardware to install the lower front bump stop extenders ( went to home depot picked up some stuff)

- shorted the hardware for the rear sway bar links (have not finished yet)

still have a few things left to do on the rear so we shall see what else

I called Teraflex today as soon as i found out i was shorted the track bar and the gentlemen i spoke with on the phone helped verify the part numbers and what i was supposed to get which was quite helpful - then didnt really seem to care that i was shorted anything and said just call where you got it from ,a place which he said he was familiar with and they "steal stuff from their kits all the time", (its a very reputable place which i have never had issues with and all the stuff was brand new in tearflex boxes and looked unopened or tampered with) he then proceeded to tell me i need all these other parts and trying to sell me stuff - W%F OVER

I wanted to sport the teraflex stickers and run alot more of their gear but now i just dont know if im happy having any of their stuff - this definitely does not fall in line with any of the reviews i read or by how helpful the teraflex rep is on here

just a little disappointed - sorry for the rant or if this is how all lifts and their company's work i just thought i got kinda screwed, then when i went looking for help from the manufacture my issue got totally bypassed and i was told were i bought it from were thieves, im stupid i need to buy these parts give me a bunch of money- bah

to end i called the pace where i got it from they put me on hold while they spoke with teraflex - they told me the track bar could be at my house by monday or their shop by friday - so now i have to wait till friday and make a long trip to get that piece and at the time i had called them i didn't even know i was shorted the other small parts which is another thing - teraflex's parts break down list blows dick theres about 40 pieces they group into hardware and give no explanation on. So i still have to go pick up some hardware for the rear swaybar links but im waiting till i finish up the last few steps to make sure im not missing anything else because i wouldn't know until i actually tried to do it because again the parts break down is top notch : /

again sorry for the rant im frustrated and thought it may be some useful information - cant wait till the weekend or next week till i can take the Jeep out and hit a trail or two weather stock or with my lift or some modified in between version because at this point i really dont know whats gonna happen

end

Last edited by scoped; 06-24-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Man, sorry to hear about that. I would be frustrated too. Maybe teraflex could chime in on the forum and get the ball rolling for ya with the vender..

Last edited by SilverJK12; 06-24-2010 at 02:24 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scoped
- then didnt really seem to care that i was shorted anything and said just call where you got it from ,a place which he said he was familiar with and they "steal stuff from their kits all the time", (its a very reputable place which i have never had issues with and all the stuff was brand new in tearflex boxes and looked unopened or tampered with) he then proceeded to tell me i need all these other parts and trying to sell me stuff - W%F OVER

end
Not really the fault of TeraFlex unless you bought directly from them. Once product goes out to a retailer the manfacturer has no control of it. TeraFlex doesn't have your money, the retailer does. If you got shorted on product the retailor is the one that should be making it right. The fact the you're a repeat customer should have them more eagar to to do right by you.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

The place I got it from is fixing it all up - and I know what you mean tearflex not having my money and I would have no issues with teraflex if the boxes were all screwed and looked all messed up or were not even teraflex boxes all togethere - this just not what I was expecting after everything I had read

O well I just had to get out of my system
Old 06-24-2010, 04:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Sorry to hear your troubles. I guess this just goes to show that no company is bulletproof. Teraflex makes great products, but then again so does OME, Currie, JKS, Clayton, Superlift (yeah I said it), and many others. I, for one, could not be happier with my Superlift lift. And I have Teraflex for other bits which have been working out well for me. Just goes to show that you never know what can happen in this crazy world of Jeep
Old 06-24-2010, 04:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So it was missing some parts, Teraflex (reasonably) asked you to take it up with the distributor, and now you're on here ranting about what a terrible company they are?
Old 06-24-2010, 04:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly, I don't get it at all. I would definitely be mad about not having the parts you need but in what way is TF responsible? You didn't buy it from them. you bought it from a "reputable shop." Maybe i've had a couple of bad experiences with "reputable shops," but TF can't go around and hold the hands of other shops once their product leaves the TF warehouse.

As far as the missing front track bar goes. It comes in it's own separate box, It's rather larger and heavy as crap. It's could have been easily left behind, again it's in it's own separate box. OR, the shop could have sold it to someone else not realizing, or not caring, that it was yours.

I hope in the end that you get your situation resolved, but I think you're pointing the fingers in the wrong direction, or at least what you've typed comes off that way.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Tex
So it was missing some parts, Teraflex (reasonably) asked you to take it up with the distributor, and now you're on here ranting about what a terrible company they are?
I think he's more upset with how teraflex handled the situation... instead of helping him, they called the distributor thieves and treated him like he was stupid. If this distributor truly does what teraflex is accusing them of, they need to cancel their account.

I'm sure you'll love the kit after you get all this taken care of... Teraflex makes a great product from what I hear. Good luck getting the kit installed and don't forget to post before and after pics!
Old 06-24-2010, 05:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Curiosity
I think he's more upset with how teraflex handled the situation... instead of helping him, they called the distributor thieves and treated him like he was stupid. If this distributor truly does what teraflex is accusing them of, they need to cancel their account.
Yeah, that part of the story doesn't really jive, does it? Unless it was said in a completely joking manner I have a very difficult time imagining Teraflex actually saying something like that. If they did, then apologies to the OP because that was an incredibly dumb thing for TF to say.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:24 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Distributors sometimes "garnish" products from kits that they have in stock to replace an out of inventory seperate piece to get out to a customer. And may have good intentions of replacing said item but may get forgotten about in the shuffle. I've worked in retail before, it happens with ALOT of mechandise and products, not just lift kits in the jeep world. Not sayin it's right, but it happens everyday. This may have been what was ment by "steal" parts. Not that the distributor was an actual thief.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 4" lift W%F review customer service lame!