Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

TeraFlex tailgate tire carrier?

Old 05-17-2012, 08:40 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep it civil people.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BONDSY
Keep it civil people.
cute kid in ur avatar!
Old 05-17-2012, 09:16 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by rtguy1
cute kid in ur avatar!
That's my son. He brings us endless joy. Thanks for the kind word,

Last edited by Absolute; 05-17-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AlphaRomeo15

Oh did I offend someone because you can't buy nice shit for your wife? Oh wait maybe you don't even have a woman? Too cheap to spend on your self that just shows how cheap you can be on a date...what do you do haggle at a restaurant and complain why steaks are expensive? LOL
You obviously were not a Tom Lykis listener...
Old 05-17-2012, 10:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rtguy1
not really sure why people are posting in this thread if they have already decided to go a different route for their carrier? Nobody needs you to defend the rest of us against these vendors "overcharging" us.....we earn it, we will spend it. this thread should be for those who want this carrier and are willing to pay TF's asking price. I think there are alot of posts here from members who want the carrier, but have now resorted to bashing it and members who are purchasing it because they don't like the price. I don't think anyone needs to defend their choices of mods either....we all can do what we want. maybe there should be a new thread for those who want to fight for a price reduction so we can get this thread back on track for those who are interested and have legitimate questions for TF about their new product and want to see updates from them.

edit: GO KINGS!!!!
Honestly, at this point, I'm just surprised no one has blamed Obama for it being overpriced

That is the beauty of this county (and this forum), you have the right to form your own opinion, and have it be heard. You don't have to like it, and if you don't like it, you can tell people that you don't like it, and if you don't like that people don't like it, you can even tell them about it!!
Old 05-17-2012, 10:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by FlameRedJK
Honestly, at this point, I'm just surprised no one has blamed Obama for it being overpriced
Now that I think about it....
Old 05-18-2012, 03:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKGRND
Ok, so I just read through a LOT of this thread looking for actual information on this carrier. It looks like a really unique design and has sparked my curiosity. I've seen other rear bumper/tire carrier combo's, and honestly, they look and seem really cumbersome. I'm really close to getting my lift and new wheels and tires on my new JK, and I know that a tire carrier is right around the corner from that upgrade. I do not plan on doing any seriously intense rock climbing, so I'm not too concerned about some peoples concerns about hitting the rear tire after a tall drop, or anything like that. My concerns/curiosities are as follows:

- This obviously replaces the factory hinges, as it seems to attach directly to the rear tailgate. Is this something that can be installed in my driveway? Or will it require any welding/in depth tech skills to install? Does it just "re-attach" to the existing factory hinge points?

- I've seen some posts/pictures about a highlift mount point, and some talk about Jerry can/Rotopax attachments. Does/will this have the ability to attach an "over the tire" rack to it? How will the Jerry can/Rotopax containers attach? I didn't see any pictures of that.

- I've seen some posts about cost and whatnot, but when I went to the TeraFlex website, I didn't see this listed anywhere. Maybe I didn't look in the right place, I guess I'm just needing some direction as to where to go to purchase one if it's the right option for me.

Any constructive info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
It's a bolt on design no welding and teraflex does not have it on the website yet at least when I looked it wasn't, they say you can pre order with a few vendors I think north ridge 4x4 you can not sure so don't quota me on that one. There's a few pics in this thread that show the highlight mount but nothing on the roto pax or Jerry cans.
Hope this helps ya.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:59 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtyDi
I'm not gonna get in the middle of this but your post is awesome! I'd have said the same things! I'm not buying this carrier just yet but I applaud you for your purchase! Haters gonna hate... :-) if you're ever on the east coast, I'll buy your broke ass a beer! ;-)
Haha! I'm in Jersey so I'd take you up on that, my food stamps are only good for Ramen noodles and Tang!
Old 05-18-2012, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

This thread is classic.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

can we get a thread on how cargo racks are to expensive. I really want one but I has no monies.

Quick Reply: TeraFlex tailgate tire carrier?