Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Teraflex woes with Amazon

Old 08-18-2016, 12:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Teraflex woes with Amazon

So over the past two days I've been dealing with an issue with a Teraflex tire carrier that was sent in the wrong bolt pattern. (5 on 5.5 instead of 5 on 5) I made the purchase on Amazon through a reputable dealer, only after verifying the part fit my jeep. In fact, Amazon has that thing where you put in your vehicle make, model, and year and it validates fitment. All done of course.

It started yesterday as I got half way through the install and realized I had received the wrong part. I went to the teraflex website to see if this part fit my jeep, and it says yes. Tripple checked my Amazon order, says yes. I'm like, wtf? After speaking to Teraflex it was then they mentioned different lug patterns, despite it saying it fit my jeep. I never gave that a second thought as I figured anything other than what would fit the standard lug pattern would be listed differently. Lesson learned.

I actually caught flack from Teraflex about this despite the facts, and despite having emailed them screen shots from both amazon and their own website. I also Included screenshots of the UPS page where the item actually dropped shipped directly from them.

Initially they were not going to even help. Had to get the manager Scott H. On the horn to get help. Even then I had to agree to a 100 dollar cc charge for them to send the correct part, and a refund after I return theirs. Hopefully I dont have to foot the shipping bill back to them.

Teraflex, update your website to be specific, no fine print. Jeepers, beware of make and model specific purchases on Amazon as vendors apparently don't play nice with the Amazon folks. Never had an issue before, but I learned this time around. Trail ride in 8 days with my group and I have no way to haul a spare. At least they helped In the end and I can get my jeep back together.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Sounds like Teraflex is consistent with it being the customer's fault....

But it's good to hear you're getting it straightened out.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every time I've interacted with TF, I didn't order because of their disposition.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:58 PM
JK Freak

Update, I ended up needing a wheel spacer to run my stock wheel on the Mount, so he tossed that in the box at a good price. I am having to pay to ship the part that was wrong back which sucks, but at least he cut me some slack on the spacer. I suppose you could say we met in the middle.

Last edited by tarpon4me; 08-18-2016 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:34 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by tarpon4me
Update, I ended up needing a wheel spacer to run my stock wheel on the Mount, so he tossed that in the box at a good price. I am having to pay to ship the part that was wrong back which sucks, but at least he cut me some slack on the spacer. I suppose you could say we met in the middle.
as long as you're happy with the outcome. I'm not trying to stir the pot, but I wouldn't have agreed to that. They should cover the shipping.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:59 PM
JK Freak

I don't disagree bro, nor am I satisfied paying shipping, but in a pinch I'll take it. Been one of those weeks where I just had to go with the flow. Trying to avoid throat punching someone in an angry rage of PTSD flare ups. 😖

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
as long as you're happy with the outcome. I'm not trying to stir the pot, but I wouldn't have agreed to that. They should cover the shipping.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:02 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by tarpon4me
I don't disagree bro, nor am I satisfied paying shipping, but in a pinch I'll take it. Been one of those weeks where I just had to go with the flow. Trying to avoid throat punching someone in an angry rage of PTSD flare ups. dde16
I understand......
Old 08-20-2016, 07:54 AM
JK Freak

The are just too many good Jeep parts dealers that are sponsors of this forum to dick around with Amazon and EBay and take chances.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:44 PM
JK Freak

Other was a convenience thing more than anything. Amazon makes it easy to spend money in a pinch, so I did. I typically buy from Qtec or someone like that.

Originally Posted by kmrtnsn
The are just too many good Jeep parts dealers that are sponsors of this forum to dick around with Amazon and EBay and take chances.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:40 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kmrtnsn
The "good Jeep parts dealers" appreciate your kind words and support, kmrtnsn. I think I speak for all vendors on this forum. Whether you choose to support Elias 4wd Center or not, at least give the vendors on this forum a chance at your business!

Quick Reply: Teraflex woes with Amazon