Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Teraflex woes with Amazon

Old 08-23-2016, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Tarpon nailed it. I'd love to spend every dollar I can with a vendor but sometimes Amazon or even local places have prices you can't touch without taking a loss. Local places also have the advantage of "gotta have it now".....as does Amazon prime and their 2 day service.
Old 08-23-2016, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I know Northridge4x4 tries to get parts to your door with in 2 days. I like ordering there because their customer service is awesome and if there is an issue they make it right.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Tarpon nailed it. I'd love to spend every dollar I can with a vendor but sometimes Amazon or even local places have prices you can't touch without taking a loss. Local places also have the advantage of "gotta have it now".....as does Amazon prime and their 2 day service.
Remember that the next time you open a box containing something other than what you were expecting and it takes three weeks to deal with it. Time is money. Peace of mind can cost a few bucks more but is generally money well spent.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never once had a problem with Amazon prime. If I need something quick, and it's listed as "prime" I'll get it from Amazon.. Usually this doesn't include mods though, more-so replacement parts and such.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:40 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kmrtnsn
The are just too many good Jeep parts dealers that are sponsors of this forum to dick around with Amazon and EBay and take chances.
Nailed it.
I don't see this as a mfg issue as much as a reseller issue. For Jeep parts we try to go direct to the mfg or the bigger vendors like Northridge4x4 or Rebel Offroad to name a couple. OP - Sorry for the life lesson I've had a ton of them through the years.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tarpon4me
So over the past two days I've been dealing with an issue with a Teraflex tire carrier that was sent in the wrong bolt pattern. (5 on 5.5 instead of 5 on 5) I made the purchase on Amazon through a reputable dealer, only after verifying the part fit my jeep. In fact, Amazon has that thing where you put in your vehicle make, model, and year and it validates fitment. All done of course.

It started yesterday as I got half way through the install and realized I had received the wrong part. I went to the teraflex website to see if this part fit my jeep, and it says yes. Tripple checked my Amazon order, says yes. I'm like, wtf? After speaking to Teraflex it was then they mentioned different lug patterns, despite it saying it fit my jeep. I never gave that a second thought as I figured anything other than what would fit the standard lug pattern would be listed differently. Lesson learned.

I actually caught flack from Teraflex about this despite the facts, and despite having emailed them screen shots from both amazon and their own website. I also Included screenshots of the UPS page where the item actually dropped shipped directly from them.

Initially they were not going to even help. Had to get the manager Scott H. On the horn to get help. Even then I had to agree to a 100 dollar cc charge for them to send the correct part, and a refund after I return theirs. Hopefully I dont have to foot the shipping bill back to them.

Teraflex, update your website to be specific, no fine print. Jeepers, beware of make and model specific purchases on Amazon as vendors apparently don't play nice with the Amazon folks. Never had an issue before, but I learned this time around. Trail ride in 8 days with my group and I have no way to haul a spare. At least they helped In the end and I can get my jeep back together.
Ordered a lot of parts from Amazon without issue, although I always carefully check part numbers with the manufacturer and other vendor websites. Their fitment tool isn't always right.

Quick Reply: Teraflex woes with Amazon