Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Test drove 2012 JKU

Old 12-30-2011, 04:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test drove 2012 JKU

Told myself I wouldn't get another Jeep till they brought over the diesel or make the HEMI an option.. Well I was car shopping with a friend of mine(Just totaled his 2010 2-Door) and while he was taking a new Ram 1500 for a test drive, I jumped in a 2012 JKU Rubicon.. Well needless to say, Jeep fever has kicked back in!
Old 12-30-2011, 05:39 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sacdaddy03
Told myself I wouldn't get another Jeep till they brought over the diesel or make the HEMI an option.. Well I was car shopping with a friend of mine(Just totaled his 2010 2-Door) and while he was taking a new Ram 1500 for a test drive, I jumped in a 2012 JKU Rubicon.. Well needless to say, Jeep fever has kicked back in!
I understand did the same thing now may make the swap from my '10. It is tough too because the previous interior is better to me design-wise but the materials in the 12 interior are much improved. I also dislike the way Jeep messed up the rear glass hatch by widening it. The widening of the hatch does nothing really to help visibility and it creates those flimsy little dog ears around the glass that ( like the TJ hard top) will crack and break. But the 3.6 is sweet and with the six speed manny really scooted no down shifting needed! So it is really a yin yang toss up you give up some Jeepyness but gain a great drive train. So what am i doing? Already negotiating with a dealer...if the price is right I will swap.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Marcsingrocks
self control! haha! enjoy.
Yea, my downfall...Don't know what self control is! lol

Originally Posted by B.S.
I understand did the same thing now may make the swap from my '10. It is tough too because the previous interior is better to me design-wise but the materials in the 12 interior are much improved. I also dislike the way Jeep messed up the rear glass hatch by widening it. The widening of the hatch does nothing really to help visibility and it creates those flimsy little dog ears around the glass that ( like the TJ hard top) will crack and break. But the 3.6 is sweet and with the six speed manny really scooted no down shifting needed! So it is really a yin yang toss up you give up some Jeepyness but gain a great drive train. So what am i doing? Already negotiating with a dealer...if the price is right I will swap.
Wranglers lost their rugged Jeepness back in 07, but that's not saying anything bad. I mean I've grown to really like the 4-doors & the nicer interiors. So long as I can take my top of doors off, the Jeepness will always be there for me!
Old 12-30-2011, 06:12 AM
JK Freak

Thats funny I think the 07 Jk brought back some rugged Jeepyness that the Tj had lost. I never liked the interior of my TJ but liked the vehicle over all. To me the new '11 and up interior is very much like the TJ interior. It is not a favorite to me but i can live with it.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good luck with your decision! I'm really liking my '12, yea I'd love a diesel Jeep but so far this little 3.6 reminds me a lot of the early work-horse Toyota engines. Torque-y with good power from a small plant. Time will tell if it lives as long and strong.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BigMAK1
Good luck with your decision! I'm really liking my '12, yea I'd love a diesel Jeep but so far this little 3.6 reminds me a lot of the early work-horse Toyota engines. Torque-y with good power from a small plant. Time will tell if it lives as long and strong.
Thanks, and it is a hard one! Your Jeep is nice though man
Old 12-30-2011, 11:29 AM
JK Freak

Yep. I did the same thing. I swore I wasn't there going to trade in my 07. Went for a test drive and ordered my 2012.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:44 PM
JK Freak

Talked with my local dealership today a little. Found out they do use multiple discounts like Tread Lightly & USAA member. That was good news, takes some of the sting away from that $37K price tag!
Old 12-30-2011, 01:55 PM
JK Newbie

I told my self that I would buy a 2011 at the end of the year.. but i test drove the 2012... lol Proud owner of a 2012 JKU
Old 12-31-2011, 10:21 AM
JK Freak

Found a 2012 JKU Rubicon by the hose today. Talking back with dealer now.. It has some options I really don't care for, but might like them for the right price though.

Originally Posted by leninglass
I told my self that I would buy a 2011 at the end of the year.. but i test drove the 2012... lol Proud owner of a 2012 JKU
Sweet man. First Jeep?

Quick Reply: Test drove 2012 JKU