Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Is there that much of a difference?

Old 08-04-2010, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you wheel? We went to 33 inch tires on 16 inch rims to get some more side wall. More squishy donut is better. The ride on a dirt/rock road really smooths out when you air down.

We have the Goodyear kevlars and we air down to 20 pounds. At that level the tires work all the way up the sidewalls to the end of the sidewall tread.

There is a noticeable difference in 17's aired down on the trail. They are just not as soft.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:47 AM
JK Freak

I appreciate the input fellas

It's My DD and I travel 50 miles to and from work each dayon the highway...AT this point I might do some light offroading 2 maybe 3 times a year

Because of my circumstances would a 17' be best suited for me

Had my first wrangler for about 2 months and still on the learning curve

alfred
Old 08-05-2010, 06:46 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
the biggest tire i have been able to find for a 16" wheel is the 315/75R16 size, which is a 35"

a 17" wheel and a 15" wheel can accomodate a 37" so.. i would stick with the 17's and get some spacers, or a 17" after market wheel
There are larger 16's available. Interco lists tons of them, for example. If I were going to make a significant investment (say, really, really nice beadlock wheels), I would lean toward 17's. 16s seem to be losing popularity.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ride_My_Jeep
I appreciate the input fellas

It's My DD and I travel 50 miles to and from work each dayon the highway...AT this point I might do some light offroading 2 maybe 3 times a year

Because of my circumstances would a 17' be best suited for me

Had my first wrangler for about 2 months and still on the learning curve

alfred
I would suggest 17's. More popular combo's, increasing availability and the prices are coming down.

Quick Reply: Is there that much of a difference?