Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Is there really a difference between the 2?

Old 07-31-2009, 04:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there really a difference between the 2?

Hey guys--back to looking at a JKU for the fam and getting rid of the Pacifica. For those that have been around awhile, we had a deal fall through, and truthfully, I am glad- turned out the dealer was blowing smoke to all of the folks involved and it worked out for the best.

Regardless, wife and I are looking again. Absolute needs are 4dr (JKU), full doors, pw,pdl, hardtop, Auto, and towing package. Colors are pretty much a non issue (we like most all of them). This will be my DD, and coming from the PAc, I know there will be a change- I'm cool with that. However, I think we can forgo the Rubi (unless the price was really right)- we just don't need all that the rubi offers.
So, we are stuck between an X with power pack, or a sahara. We kind of go back ond forth on the painted fenders-- sometimes they are cool, other times I say I can get them painted or replaced (not sure when the real mods will start..lol). Other than that, the 08's and up get the silver painted bumper inserts, and some interior silver painting too (again, nothing that couldn;t be done.
We would prefer an '08, but money is still an issue since the PAC is only costing like 290/mo until 4/12, so wife would like to keep things lower.
Therefore, we are gonna have to look at 07's too. Just prefer less than 40k miles.

So--after all that---are there any other differences between the X with power pack and the Sahara?? in the past with other vehicles I have found that even comparing the spec sheets, there are things that are different, but not really listed--
ie, 2004 VW Passat 1.8tManual 4 Motion--versus the V6 model---no one ever listed that the shifter got real aluminum and door inserts were alunium too.

Help me guys---iI need it...and if anyone knows a good shop on the PA/MD line, let me know as well. I am sick of the stealerships around that are left after the whack. (Fishel closed and now Stetler thinks they own the world)
Old 07-31-2009, 04:46 PM
JK Super Freak

I think the only difference between a sahara and an X with S package is the upholstery, 18 inch wheels, painted flares and silver bumpers.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:02 PM
JK Freak

I would go 4 the X
18 tires r very spendy
silver overlay take or leave most everything else is almost the same
Old 07-31-2009, 05:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dmhines
I think the only difference between a sahara and an X with S package is the upholstery, 18 inch wheels, painted flares and silver bumpers.
And the infinity sound system (or whatever is in there now)
Old 07-31-2009, 05:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by K9Jeeper
And the infinity sound system (or whatever is in there now)
Infinity is an option on the X so it could have it.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Id get the X and uprade as you please, I really do not like the painted flares.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the X, the salesman tried to talk me into a fully loaded x or Sahara. He said the power windows & locks would be nice. I said will they work on my garage wall, he looked puzzled, I said I run doorless 7-8 months a year so the power group does me no good, I also have no need for the factory upgrade wheels since I would be switching out to aftermarket anyway. I got a base X with auto , ac and the Infinity stereo and I'm very happy. Hope this helps.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryanc
Id get the X and uprade as you please, I really do not like the painted flares.
Im on the other side and like my painted flares very much. The "YES Essentials" seats have cleaned up very well with some minor spilling on them. I use the power window constantly when the doors are on so I appreciate them a lot. I have a hardtop that I run in winter and the soft top is on in the summer but has been down 90% of the time. The time it was up was when an unexpected t-storm came through and it rained so hard that traffic slowed to 30mph on the interstate. Needless to say, if I didnt have the soft top to throw up in a hurry, I would of been screwed.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know what king of snow you get in the eastern Part of PA where you are. However with the snow we get here I would not even consider the painter flares. Mine rears are all beat up in the front from ash and salt. However since they are textured you don't really notice, but run your hard over them and you can feel all the nicks and scratches.

Before the JK I had a 00 XJ with painted flares. They looked like crap after just the first winter.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm going to agree with everyone here and say get the X. If you want to get the GPS/MyGIG you can always add that later as they're reasonably priced on eBay. Just make sure you buy the right model.

The only reason I went Rubicon is because of the incredible price discount I got on it, and the fact I wanted the MyGIG.

Quick Reply: Is there really a difference between the 2?