Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Is there really a difference between the 2?

Old 08-01-2009, 05:31 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like my painted flares, & the Yes seats (the dual tops is an option on any JK, nothing standard to any model, i have the soft top only) I live in the snow belt of western NY and the soft top is fine.

the roads here are hammered with sand and salt all winter, my flares are fine except for some very minor trail scratches which i am proud of they are holding upvery well to the barage of rock salt and sand from the winters. I wanted the Yes seats for my dog, as the dog ate the neoprene's i had in my truck like they where dognip.

If i hadent gotten the deal i did on my sahara, i probably would have bought an X with tinted soft top and bought aftermarket wheels. I dont like the bumper trim or the 18" wheels on the newer Saharas at all. As it turned out, I like my stock '07 Sahara 17" wheels, no plans to change them any time soon.

I would just decide what options i wanted, then look for the best deal i could find on one that had them, regardless of trim level. They're all JK's
Old 08-01-2009, 06:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nobody has mentioned the instrument cluster is also different...

not just color, but function....
Old 08-01-2009, 06:01 AM
JK Junkie

If I were to do it again, I'd go Rubi, or 2WD and add 60's and an atlas
Old 08-01-2009, 06:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racer83l

Only if you get the BASE X ... The X with S package has the upgraded cluster with temp, compass, etc ...
Old 08-01-2009, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

I would get the loaded X. It's practically the same thing and the X looks less like a mall crawler and more like a ready to get the life beat out of it Wrangler IMO. Although I do believe the Sahara has the Dueler ATs. Don't quote me on that though.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by dmhines
Only if you get the BASE X ... The X with S package has the upgraded cluster with temp, compass, etc ...
Yep, I had to have the temp gauge, and compass....but mostly the temp guage.

Originally Posted by 4x4jkx
I would get the loaded X. It's practically the same thing and the X looks less like a mall crawler and more like a ready to get the life beat out of it Wrangler IMO. Although I do believe the Sahara has the Dueler ATs. Don't quote me on that though.
Yep, the Sahara comes with the Duelers.

I was torn between the two models and the flairs. My WJ had the non painted sides and bumpers and they faded bad. I kinda wanted to go with painted flairs because of this, but door dings drive me crazy, I can't stand them, every time I see one, I get pissed off at the jerk that did that to someone else's ride. Anyway, I got the S package which has all that, the electrical stuff and hard top only. Did't option up to the dual top package, didn't care about the silver inserts on bumper. The Mygig...I love it, but have read to many issue with it. Might get an after market some day.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:52 AM
JK Newbie

go with the x for sure. your going to save money. i personally hate the painted flares and silver bumpers. i just bought a 2007 x for 15500 with only 11k miles on it. you just have to look. you don't really get anything special with the Sahara anyway
Old 08-02-2009, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Really?!

I didn't know that...what's different?
Old 08-02-2009, 03:58 PM
JK Freak

i got a loaded x and i love it. mine has dual tops, rear lockers, sway-bar disconects, infinity sound, 17" wheels, air, power windows, and side impact air bags. i'm sure theres more that i can't think of now but when i bought mine in november of 08 it a choice was between my x and a sahara that pretty much only had 4wd for about the same money. so i took my x and never looked back
Old 08-03-2009, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Really, since you'll be shopping used, it comes down to what you can find with the options you NEED. If painted fender flares aren't a big deal to you you'll probably get a better deal on an X.

That being said, you never know what you'll come across. I started out shopping for a new X and ended up coming home with a slightly used but very loaded Sahara for roughly the same price

Quick Reply: Is there really a difference between the 2?