Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Things to check on new jeep

Old 07-13-2007, 03:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Things to check on new jeep

My red rock rubicon will be coming in as early as this Wednesday. i have heard stories about people getting their brand new jeeps with dents along the door hinges and a bad paint job in certain places. i thought i should start a thread about what you should look for when buying a brand new jeep. So the question, what should i check for when picking up my new jeep?
Old 07-13-2007, 03:42 PM
JK Newbie

Do NOT take delivery in poor, fading light, dusk or dark.

Look for scratches in the plastic grill, dash, bumpers, fenders. Those don't go away. Inventory all parts - Make a check list and take it with you.

Make them demonstrate hard top/soft top removal (my salesman didn't know how!) Make them walk you through operations you think you know.

Mine has VERY sharp barbs and rough metal under the seats. Be careful to file any of that down or it will rip you wide open (found out the hard way)

Check off the list, toss it away and enjoy your new jeep!
Old 07-13-2007, 05:05 PM
JK Newbie

where should i check the paint? i think some one had bad paint near the rear tailgate, is there anywhere else i should check?

edit: and what is on the parts check list other then both keys and the soft top?
Old 07-13-2007, 08:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know if I were taking delivery of a brand new car, I'd be looking over that paint job with a magnifying glass... Especially if there have been reported problems with them. Besides, a jeep doesn't have that much paint to inspect, what with the plastic bumpers fenders, roof and all...
Old 07-13-2007, 09:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Hey Jeep JK what part of LA are you from? I am in Shreveport. Not to many folks on the forum from this area. I have seen a bunch of JKs driving around but mostly women and high school girls
Old 07-14-2007, 09:17 PM
JK Newbie

anyone else know about specific places to check the paint?
Old 07-14-2007, 09:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Exclamation

Originally Posted by iceman7311
where should i check the paint? i think some one had bad paint near the rear tailgate, is there anywhere else i should check?

edit: and what is on the parts check list other then both keys and the soft top?
Originally Posted by iceman7311
anyone else know about specific places to check the paint?
As far as I'm concerned, the best way to check the paint is to hand wash and wax the car. You can't help but notice even the tiniest blemish this way. Works for me, anyway.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 07rube
As far as I'm concerned, the best way to check the paint is to hand wash and wax the car. You can't help but notice even the tiniest blemish this way. Works for me, anyway.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Question

Originally Posted by JK_Jeep

Do you have a 6 speed? I test drove one exactly like yours recently.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

By the way, you don't have to "graphically remove" you're license plate...there is nothing anyone can do with it...not to mention, they're made for public display. I'd assume you don't drive around with red coverings on your license plates all the time?

Nice Jeep@$!@!

Quick Reply: Things to check on new jeep