Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thinking about getting rid of my JK for an older Cj or defender 90

Old 04-10-2007, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oskee6
I'm not sure (because its been years) but I know that there were LH Drive vehicles in Oz when I lived there. A lot of Americans work in Alice at the space station and brought their rides with them.

That was six years ago, though.
Help me out here my man what is the meaning of OZ and what does alice mean? Because if this is true. I will stop looking at rovers now that are right hand drive and just keep the JK and ship it over when I move. This will save me a lot of money in the long run. I am just worried about customs. My girlfriend is from there, and she tells me I cannot export a left hand drive car. I dont' if she knows this. But I hope she is wrong. Help me out here my man.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure you can take a left hand drive to austrailia. Or atleast i wouldent see why you couldn't. Try looking it up on like google or something.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

http://autopedia.com/Export/ImportExportRegs.html

you should be able to find mor info on that link
Old 04-10-2007, 05:57 PM
JK Newbie

Moving to australia? cool, maybe not. I don't think you can own firearms there anymore, too bad. If going it would be a better idea to cash out and buy there. No custom problems local dealer, spare parts, ect. Good luck.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dutch
Moving to australia? cool, maybe not. I don't think you can own firearms there anymore, too bad. If going it would be a better idea to cash out and buy there. No custom problems local dealer, spare parts, ect. Good luck.
Or swords. Or laser pointers. So the NRA sayeth anyway.

Oz=Australia. Alice=Alice Springs, it is a city.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:19 PM
JK Freak

Take the cash to the Bunny Ranch and have a good time.

http://ww.bunnyranch.com
Old 04-11-2007, 03:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

IF u can take the JK with u then i say lift, tires, exhaust and snorkel (once they make them for us)... not an intake, to much dust for a cone filter.

If u cant take it over, i wouldnt buy anything. Bank to money, keep your Rubi in top shape, sell if before u leave (private sell not dealer obviously) then we u move u got hopefully some money left over from ur sell and paying ur loan off and then the other money in the bank to buy 4x4 when u get down there
Old 04-11-2007, 07:22 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) Your JK is going to be way cooler in Au than a d90 would be. (and IMO is way cooler all around)

2) d90s even when they do have a warrently spend more time in the shop than they do on the road ( best friend had one for several years, got rid of it and got a FJ40. even though the 40 was 25 years older than the d90 it was more reliable...and then they swaped in a v8 and it all changed )

3) As far as offroading goes (and depending on what type of JK you have) your JK is either going to be just a comperable offroad or better than a D90.

cant say much about the CJ, becuase it all depends on how its been build and all that stuff,....

Don't get me wrong I like d90's (I especially like 110's), but haveing experiance with both vehicles I would stick to the JK.

anyway theirs my .02 .
Old 04-11-2007, 05:30 PM
JK Newbie

Wink 1970 cj5

the cj has 327 vette motor th350 tranny lockers spool alloy axles ox u joints dana 44 dana 29a front powersteering conv. power disc brake conv. 4 row alum radiator spral high flow electric fan newpainless wiring 373 gears mt wheels mt baja claw 33s new bestop interrior new besttop softtop and soft doors every bolt grade 8 on entire jeep boxed frame all autometer guages best of everything 2000 miles never offroad yet check out in for sale section and you decide
Old 04-13-2007, 05:21 AM
JK Newbie

or keep your rubi till you move, then once there, step up to a modern real land cruiser, like a HZJ76. thats what i would do :P

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting rid of my JK for an older Cj or defender 90