Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thinking about getting rid of my JK for an older Cj or defender 90

Old 04-10-2007, 12:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about getting rid of my JK for an older Cj or defender 90

I have a good chunk a change coming my way next month, I have been thinking about getting rid of my 07 rubi. It's a cool truck. But I am the type of person who likes to have something that know one does. I have an opprotunity to purchase a frame of resto cj for 15k. Or spend a little xtra cash and get a decent used d 90. But the problem I have is I am having a problem of justify to pay a good amount of money for a d90 that has know warranty and could be a real expense to fix. But there are not many around and they are a bad ass truck. The cj I feel is worth the dough. It is completely redone from the ground up. What do you guys think I should do. Or the other solution. Is just put a 2 inch lift on my rubi with 33's and new magnaflow exhaust and aem cold air intake and bank the rest of the money and sell the jeep before I leave for australia. Please give me some input.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Black JK
I have a good chunk a change coming my way next month, I have been thinking about getting rid of my 07 rubi. It's a cool truck. But I am the type of person who likes to have something that know one does. I have an opprotunity to purchase a frame of resto cj for 15k. Or spend a little xtra cash and get a decent used d 90. But the problem I have is I am having a problem of justify to pay a good amount of money for a d90 that has know warranty and could be a real expense to fix. But there are not many around and they are a bad ass truck. The cj I feel is worth the dough. It is completely redone from the ground up. What do you guys think I should do. Or the other solution. Is just put a 2 inch lift on my rubi with 33's and new magnaflow exhaust and aem cold air intake and bank the rest of the money and sell the jeep before I leave for australia. Please give me some input.
Didn't you answer your own question here?
Old 04-10-2007, 01:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Black JK

I would bank your money, why buy something else? I assume you would sell that as well when you leave?
Old 04-10-2007, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

Yes I will have to get rid of the Rubi before I leave
Old 04-10-2007, 02:02 PM
JK Freak

put JK on boat and take with you
Old 04-10-2007, 02:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll come pick it up. That way you don't have to worry yourself about it.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:12 PM
JK Freak

My pops has a 1994 D-90 soft top with some goodies, including a Rovers North Stainless roof rack with mounted shovel, hi-lift, and jerry can and Hella Rallye 3000s. He was looking at selling the D-90 and getting a Rubi but I wasn't sure if he was waiting for a diesel option.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:46 PM
JK Newbie

Please let me know if and when he plans on getting rid of the rover and how much and how many miles. To answer the gentlemans other question. I could not take the jeep over with me cuz it is not right hand drive. It needs to be a right hand drive to be allowed in the country.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Take that thing with you...one, you will definitely have a much rarer rig in Australia, and two, wheeling is easy there. Just follow the road until it ends!

If I could move back there, my Jeep would be right behind me.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:14 PM
JK Newbie

Default RH Drive

I'm not sure (because its been years) but I know that there were LH Drive vehicles in Oz when I lived there. A lot of Americans work in Alice at the space station and brought their rides with them.

That was six years ago, though.

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting rid of my JK for an older Cj or defender 90