Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

thinking about selling my jk

Old 06-26-2010, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking about selling my jk

i have a 2008 Jeep Green Unlimited X, 6 spd, 21,000 miles, no power windows or locks...only options were the hard top and towing package...you can see in my sig the aftermarket stuff i put on the jeep...never been offroad...what would be a good price?
Old 06-27-2010, 12:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its tough to get money back from mods. You could start in the mid 20's.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZoSo-Green
Its tough to get money back from mods. You could start in the mid 20's.
Agree with this.
Although the JK is a hot item, and has been selling quickly off the lots, it will be shown with many other used JK's, most likely a few lease returns, and most of which will be stock. I know when I traded the wifes 99XJ on a new 07 JK back in Oct 06, it was stock except for the wheels and tires. First thing the dealership asked me was do I still have the original wheels and tires. Her XJ had low milage. Since I had the stock wheels and tires, they gave me top dollar. Had I not had the originals, they would have given me $1000 less on trade in.
I would say if you plan on selling it to a private party, I would start at mid twenty's like ZoSo said.
At any rate, prior to selling, especially to a dealership, invest in a detail including an engine and undercarrage steambath.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks for the info...i do have all the stock parts...guess it's time to hit the garage and put stuff up for sale
Old 06-27-2010, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepgreenjeep
i have a 2008 Jeep Green Unlimited X, 6 spd, 21,000 miles, no power windows or locks...only options were the hard top and towing package...you can see in my sig the aftermarket stuff i put on the jeep...never been offroad...what would be a good price?
I would figure out what KBB trade-in is, and then what the price of a new one is, and target that delta.

KBB should be you bottom #, and the other # will help you steer clear of the folks wondering if for a few more $$$ why wouldn't they go new with a warranty.

When figuring out the new # I would use 1% below invoice, as these deals can be had, and with 2011 orders now going in, dealers will soon be working on 'moving' their on lot inventory.

Question: Are you updating to another JK, or just trying something else out?
Old 06-27-2010, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by doubleusn
I would figure out what KBB trade-in is, and then what the price of a new one is, and target that delta.

KBB should be you bottom #, and the other # will help you steer clear of the folks wondering if for a few more $$$ why wouldn't they go new with a warranty.

When figuring out the new # I would use 1% below invoice, as these deals can be had, and with 2011 orders now going in, dealers will soon be working on 'moving' their on lot inventory.

Question: Are you updating to another JK, or just trying something else out?
thinking about getting a truck and i'm leaning towards a z71...don't know yet...i love the hemi but the rear seats are so small i don't think my two daughter's car seats will fit back there.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:00 PM
JK Super Freak

2 car seats will fit back there no problem!

If you want to sell it ....I would put it back to stock and sell off the aftermarket parts.

Tough to sell it with all the mods.

Never been offroad? With those mods and you didnt try it out? Take it off road first!!!!!.... you won't want to get rid of it!
Old 06-27-2010, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matador
2 car seats will fit back there no problem!

If you want to sell it ....I would put it back to stock and sell off the aftermarket parts.

Tough to sell it with all the mods.

Never been offroad? With those mods and you didnt try it out? Take it off road first!!!!!.... you won't want to get rid of it!
hehe...i already have the two car seats back there...the ram 1500 looks like the rear seat is tiny...i'm gonna take all the aftermarket parts off...it's just too damn hot here in alabama to work outside...i'm also tired of having no power locks or windows...i guess i could keep my parts and just get a newer jeep with power everthing...we shall see...still deciding
Old 06-27-2010, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

hehe...i already have the two car seats back there...the ram 1500 looks like the rear seat is tiny...i'm gonna take all the aftermarket parts off...it's just too damn hot here in alabama to work outside...i'm also tired of having no power locks or windows...i guess i could keep my parts and just get a newer jeep with power everthing...we shall see...still deciding
i love my 2010 sport unlimited is not the best car on gas but is fun as hell to drive it you should just make it stock and trade it for a 2010 with power windows and think is the 24s package or just way a few months and get a 2011 the 70th year anniversary
Old 06-27-2010, 05:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take your stuff off and put them on a 2010 or '11 auto with all the buttons.
Then add a 4" lift, 5.38's and 37's and you will forget how hot
it is over there in Bama-land.

Dude... seriously, I have fought thru this before.
But I just cant seem to sell the damn thing.

Good luck

Quick Reply: thinking about selling my jk