Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thngs you'll never do to your Jeep. The critic's thread.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

put an Obama 2012 sticker on it
Old 08-23-2012, 04:07 AM
JK Super Freak

1. Having a ton of extra lighting for no damn reason. I pass a JK every day that has a full 6 light roof bar, 2 lights on the windshield and 2 lights on the bumper. Yet he runs stock wheels and tires. No.

2. Having hardcore bumpers/winch but with stock tires and wheels. Again I see a guy near me who has a completely stock Sahara but a big ass OR FAB front bumper with a 10K winch. Why? Lift and tires should be the first serious mods.

3. Life is Good covers. Lamest saying ever.

4. Chrome.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by shredd_guy
put an Obama 2012 sticker on it
X2!
Old 08-23-2012, 05:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tim1988
What the ...

Attachment 357234
That Marine Sticker on the door has to be stolen!

My JK is pretty much bone stock, with the exception of the Blue Ox Base Plate! But then, being as it's sole purpose in life is a tow vehicle we drag all over the country behind our motor home, it does exactly what we want it to do, and does it very well! Jeeps are very popular with RVers because they are so easy to tow, are very manuverable, and versatile.

As for hates, I hate Jeepers who can't return a wave!

Last edited by ptarnuzzer; 08-23-2012 at 05:36 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chrome - Bling has no place on a Jeep
Stingers - Great if you ever need it, just horrible looking IMO on Mall Crawlers
LEDs - Too Blingy for me.
Headers - WHY WHY WHY Did Jeep make it impossible to put headers on a 2012? Single greatest performance mod on the planet asside from a Turbo or SC.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:35 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by psychotic_fox92
I'll never get a snorkel, simply because it's not really something you need if you live in a dry area.

Actually, I have my snorkel specifically for that reason. With a prefilter on it cleans out a lot of the heavy particles we run into on the trails in the Southwest. After driving the Mojave trail, my air filter was almost as clean as it was before I started. I know it's not great looking, but I don't keep it on all the time, I swap over to my ram head on the road.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MarbleheadGuy

2. Having hardcore bumpers/winch but with stock tires and wheels. Again I see a guy near me who has a completely stock Sahara but a big ass OR FAB front bumper with a 10K winch. Why? Lift and tires should be the first serious mods.
I'm guity of this one - not by choice, but by circumstance. For some reason I put my wifes health before new tires/wheels for the Jeep
Old 08-23-2012, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Definitely Chrome and mismatched spares both of which I have right now. Mine came w/ chrome xd cranks which kill me to look at, who the hell would spend that much money on those things? The only place chrome belongs is on fire engines. Oh and Rock Star wheels they scream Sorry Brah but I'll be at the Nickleback concert. And Obama stickers.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I can understand the mis-matched spare, I was lucky and got a set of 5 tires and wheels off Craig's List for $400, but if I were buying new $250.00 wheels and $300.00 tires, I'd probably only buy a set of four also! $550.00 for something that's going to hang off the back of the Jeep and look pretty is a bit much... Now just getting a tire the same diameter as the ones I'm running may make more sense than leaving the little Steelie and the stock tire, and would be way more practical!
Old 08-23-2012, 06:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ptarnuzzer
I can understand the mis-matched spare, I was lucky and got a set of 5 tires and wheels off Craig's List for $400, but if I were buying new $250.00 wheels and $300.00 tires, I'd probably only buy a set of four also! $550.00 for something that's going to hang off the back of the Jeep and look pretty is a bit much... Now just getting a tire the same diameter as the ones I'm running may make more sense than leaving the little Steelie and the stock tire, and would be way more practical!
A cut tire on the trail is not all that rare. Matching spare is a necessity on a trail rig IMO.

Quick Reply: Thngs you'll never do to your Jeep. The critic's thread.