Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thngs you'll never do to your Jeep. The critic's thread.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeeper'08
x2 on the Rockstars.. Way too un-unique! But I will never roll 15inch wheels. Way too much freaking rubber (and sidewall)!
Never really seen rock stars honestly, probably cuz I don't pay attention to the brand.. I bet if I looked and saw how many people have them I'd get annoyed.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate people with the big 28 inch rims on the jeep
Old 08-19-2012, 04:41 PM
JK Freak

What!? Big rims are awesome. (sarcasm)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4202555087.jpg
Views:	1614
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	356042  
Old 08-19-2012, 04:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Any mod that was done to get a certain "look". If a mod was done to make the Jeep work better and it ends up with a great "look" then fine. The heritage of a Jeep's design is all about function, not appearance. Mods should follow that tradition.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by M4M
Stingers. If their purpose is to support the Jeep from doing an endo, the vehicle would have to be PERFECTLY plumb, i.e., on perfectly level ground. I've never found that spot off road; guess it's in a mall parking lot somewhere. If they serve another purpose, enlighten me. They're the shag carpet of Jeep mods.

Off-road lights on rigs that are in the garage before dark.

People saying I must never go off-road because my Jeep isn't beat to sh*t. There are many ways to wheel, and they don't all involve seeing what you can damage or break.

Powerplant winches. Large and heavy, where your Jeep needs it the least. 12V compressors are a joke anyway; CO2 rules.

Love this thread.
Stingers are for that one time you want to hit that pedestrian just right. But seriously they are so if you ever do tip forward you'll land on your side as to avoid any engine damage( rad mainly) so you can make it out of the bush.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lancejk

Stingers are for that one time you want to hit that pedestrian just right. But seriously they are so if you ever do tip forward you'll land on your side as to avoid any engine damage( rad mainly) so you can make it out of the bush.
I also like because I knoe where my front end is when going through a tight trail or something
Old 08-19-2012, 04:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Wads13
Stripping your rig of a full size spare (i.e.: loving the look of your "tramp stamp")... unless of course you place it somewhere else (not that there's much room elsewhere). Your tramp stamp won't do anything for a flat on the trail. Makes no sense to me and shows you who wheels and who gets the groceries!

Or who only runs their spare when they go to the trail. Saves weight and gas the rest of the time. Also keeps the thieves away.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:52 PM
JK Freak

The YouTube video of the maroon jk with 30" rims, but reading the comments makes me life inside... Bumpers with recessed winch plates and no winches(just a big ass hole laying there), people who just take the stock fenders off an call it a day, people who put spacers on stock wheels an tires.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:06 PM
JK Freak

I do not like hard tops, chrome-the only thing that should shine is the color of your jeep, roof racks, Four big tires and stock spare "REALLY" your jeep has five tires so buy five, Plastic where there should be metal, Guys please mod your front stock bumper to a stubby till you buy one these plastic bumpers are ugly but when cut down they make the jeep look much better and remove that ugly peace of plastic that is underneath the front bumper if you haven't done it yet please do, Wheels that don't match the theme of the persons jeep or buying kick ass wheels only to install the stock tires on them, But what I hate and despise the most is someone modding their jeep into a low rider I mean WTF
These are some of the things I don't like seeing on jeeps
Old 08-19-2012, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

20s, chrome, and soccer moms in jeeps. And Rockstars = D-bag.

Quick Reply: Thngs you'll never do to your Jeep. The critic's thread.