Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Tinted Side Window's Swiped & more!!!

Old 06-11-2008, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TINMAN080
My friend - write on the fabric back of each window '' Stolen from (your name and phone number). even if the bastards steal them they won't be able to profit from it. A big black magic marker would do nicely.... This brings up my point about a $500.00 deductible for comprehensive coverage for your jeep. That would be okay for a total loss fire on your jeep , but for theft and glass coverage it is like having NO INSURANCE since the average windshield replacement is $280-$320, and the average article you carry around is considerably less than that. The rate for $0.00 deductible comprehensive coverage is not much more per year and if you need more than one windshield replacement in any given year( which you will eventually) you will be money ahead. Remember your comprehensive coverage rates are based on all your company's claims in your area as a group, not like your collision rates- which are based on your driving record alone. It really is something to give some serious thought to. P.S. Check your local flea markets, you may find that car seat, hope you had it marked.... Good Luck!
Yeah, but OP and I are from B.C. ...I don't think a zero deductible policy on anything even exists here. I know for glass they got rid of it some years ago. The minimum is $300 I believe. We only have one insurance company, and it's owned by the government.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by terrahawk
Hell, get a gun. One thief shot in your neighborhood = no more thieves.
I love Texas..........
Old 06-11-2008, 04:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mcds99
OH! Go buy a locking gas cap, I know they are crap but it's just a preventative mesure they will go after a non-locking gas tank first.
That's pointless. New tanks can't be siphoned. I tried on my 2003 Liberty when I needed gas for my lawn mower and was in a hurry. So no point in putting a locking cap on it.

The bad news is that the thieves are now just punching a hole in the bottom of the tank to get the gas. I think I'd prefer they siphon it.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks, stealing a child's car seat, that's about as low as stealing the wheels off a wheel chair. Some people just deserve to be killed, total waste of oxygen consumption.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Low life thief!!

Damn man im sorry to hear that, the windows are bad enough, but it takes a pretty big lowlife to steal a kids carseat!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hearing so much of this! That sucks! Anyone using a good proximity alarm or anything?
Old 06-11-2008, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have worried about this myself and thought about adding something to the zipper that will fasten to something inside the jeep. Like a zip tie or a wire or something.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey bud. Sorry to hear about the theft. Is there any way to tiewrap the zipper pull shut?
Old 06-12-2008, 04:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Doc_D
That's pointless. New tanks can't be siphoned. I tried on my 2003 Liberty when I needed gas for my lawn mower and was in a hurry. So no point in putting a locking cap on it.

The bad news is that the thieves are now just punching a hole in the bottom of the tank to get the gas. I think I'd prefer they siphon it.
Perhaps it can't be siphoned but things can be put into the tank.

Sorry to hear man. F thieves.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by terrahawk
Hell, get a gun. One thief shot in your neighborhood = no more thieves.
Hell, hasn't the government up there TAKEN all the guns? I think in England, Australia, and Canada only the scum have weapons. Hell they even want to ban kitchen knives in England!!! What's the world coming to when you can't shoot someone when you feel the need???

Quick Reply: Tinted Side Window's Swiped & more!!!