Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Tire cleaning and dressing

Old 09-26-2008, 06:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I ever use is simple green and a soft bristle scrub brush on the wheels and tires. I use the same thing on all of my plaastics, then go over it with the Mr. Clean car wash system.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:57 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just some soap and water and a scrub brush to get them clean, and natural looking. Don't like using any chemicals or other products on them.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:59 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Littlejon
All I ever use is simple green and a soft bristle scrub brush on the wheels and tires. I use the same thing on all of my plaastics, then go over it with the Mr. Clean car wash system.
Simple Green and brush works great to, did this often on my TJ and the wheels held up great despite harsh, salty road winters. Note to self, need to buy some Simple Green .
Old 09-27-2008, 10:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
Simple Green and brush works great to, did this often on my TJ and the wheels held up great despite harsh, salty road winters. Note to self, need to buy some Simple Green .
Same here.. Simple Green and scrub. Looks great . no wet look.
I just bought some of that 303 for the soft top and plastics but havent tried it just yet, but I don't plan on using it on my tires.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:14 PM
JK Freak

x2 on the 303 - I wash the Jeep including the tires and wheels and then (after drying everything) just spray some 303 on the tires and let it sit for a few minutes and then just wipe off the excess. I use the 303 on the tires, fenders, bumpers, top, dash, etc. Works great and it saves having to have so many different products.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

303 cleaner and UV protectant works well. I normally use it on all the plastic and rubber on the JK. After I use the 303, I follow up on the tires with Stoners more shine tire spray. Stoners does not give that shiny wet look, but rather makes the tires look like they are brand new, and lasts quite a long time.
All Stoner products are very good.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Meguiar's "The Professional Vinyl & Rubber cleaner/conditioner 40" Has worked great for me to give the tires black non shiny look. Spray on then wipe off. Also works great under the hood if you are into that.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:46 PM
JK Newbie

Default White marks on new tire

Just got a 08 JK - my spare has the white ID marks on it, seems like more than I've ever seen on a tire plus it's all the way around - looks bad against my all black Jeep.

Looks like scrubbing, and scrubbing, and some more scrubbing might do it - but anyone know a product that will give my arm a break?

Thanks,

Komodo

Quick Reply: Tire cleaning and dressing