Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Towing My Rubi JKU (RV Dingy)

Old 07-21-2022, 11:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Falcon 5250

Originally Posted by ourjeeps
As an oh by the way... we adapted a Roadmaster Falcon 5250 tow bar to use the Maximus-3 tow hooks by purchasing tow bar end adapters (Item # RM-035-1) from e-trailer.com and replaced the original tow bar swivel ears.

What was not readily apparent in the product literature was the reuse of the original threaded tow bar "end round nuts" (threaded couplers) for our 5250 unit. The "end round nuts" (un-threaded couplers) that come with the adaters work with other tow bar models but not the 5250, which requires threaded couplers.

These adapters are compatible with the following Roadmaster motor-home-mounted tow bars
  • BlackHawk
  • BlackHawk All-Terrain
  • BlackHawk 2 All-Terrain (RM-422)
  • Falcon (RM-520)
  • Falcon 2
  • Falcon 5250
  • Falcon All-Terrain (RM-522)
  • Nighthawk (RM-676)
  • Sterling
  • Sterling All-Terrain (RM-576)

Adapters for Falcon tow bar and Maximus-3 Universal Tow Loops

Comparison of original tow bar swivel ear and new adapters to use the Maximus-3 Universal Tow Loop product

Original tow bar before adapter swap out

Un-attached adapter on Driver's side Maximus-3 Universal Tow Loop

I too just used a rm 035-1 on my falcon5250. I reused the threaded couplers. How’s your holding up? I really can’t see a problem reusing but would like some reassurance. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Towing My Rubi JKU (RV Dingy)