Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Train Horn

Old 07-17-2009, 03:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kafka1983
For those of you like me who think the stock Jk horn is a bit on the weak side, here's a little goody that might interest you (and the price is decent too):

h t t p://www.lornemartinuik.com/

So I don't violate Forum rules, you'll have to cut and paste the link and eliminate the spaces between each letter in the "http". However, I also think that WOL should add this guy as a Forum sponsor "gratis" as a public service. You have no idea how useful this thing would be on those pesky Boston drivers and pedestrians (especially the latter).

If anyone gets this, let me know what you think. I might consider one if it checks out.

This is the one I like, otherwise known as the Stage Three:

FYI. There's an interesting thread in fatwallet.com in "hot deals" on this product.

If you could use the systems tank and compressor to be able to air up your tires also then that would make the whole think even more perfect. Does anyone know if that is possible or how you would be able to modify it yourself it for that???
Old 07-17-2009, 04:10 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes you can. I don't know the technical name for the chuck that you attach the air hose too, but that's all you'll need plus another male end to screw into one of the tank holes. Cost you maybe $10 for the fittings you need.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

you gotta be carefull with those things, from what i understand if you use the train horn and scare the s**t out of someone and they freak out and go swerving off the road,and totall their car its considered your fault!
if you use it and they get into an accident and god forbid, die... you get charged with manslaughter charges!

thats just from what i hear....
so im just gonna stick to the little air horn
Old 07-19-2009, 11:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
All I want is a single low pitched truck air horn. Real low. But I can't find any....at least none with sound clips.
No, what you want is a cow pusher... If they see it they will get out of your way, and if they don't see it, hey it is a cow pusher, nuff said....
Old 08-31-2009, 11:30 AM
JK Newbie

Default nice idea but......

where in the world is that going to fit there is no room under the jk hood

Quick Reply: Train Horn