Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Types of Bumpers

Old 09-08-2010, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Types of Bumpers

there are soooo many bumpers to choose from. not saying this is a bad thing . i love stingers but think about it. a stinger on a 4 door, how often will those be flipping forwards where they need a bar to keep the rubber side down. also i dont rock climb or i havent yet so not very practical just looks badass. i love the overland look/full width bumpers. a cheap one is the body armor one and it looks great. full width is what im looking at the most (for today at least). also stubbies...i think if i were to go for a stubby i would get the bare bonez (if you would consider this a stubby) from purejeep or their regular stubby. so i guess i was wondering which bumper makes your jeep look like which type of offroading. (rocks, trails, long trips ect.) or just let me know what your favorite type of bumper is.

this thread isnt for solving any problems so dont give me any of that smart ass "so...whats your question" junk its just a discussion.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Bumper

I have a Rugged Ridge XHD with a hoop it's inexpensive and you can set it up several ways. You could use the same base as your tastes/needs change too.

Last edited by kittisman; 09-08-2010 at 03:42 PM. Reason: typos
Old 09-08-2010, 03:58 PM
JK Jedi

x2 on the RR
Old 09-08-2010, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kittisman
I have a Rugged Ridge XHD with a hoop it's inexpensive and you can set it up several ways. You could use the same base as your tastes/needs change too.
i dont know what it is but i just dont like that bumper, it might be because its everywhere and to me it just looks cheap (no offense at all). it was my first choice when i first got into looking at bumpers but im thinking a different direction now.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:03 PM
JK Freak

Yeah, I've still got my stock bumper but I like mid-width bumpers. That RR one looks sweet with the tube ends. Gotta find a matching rear, though. So far I'm thinking the Olympic Boa in the back. It has a spot for a hitch receiver.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my ARB Deluxe front bumper.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alec
I love my ARB Deluxe front bumper.
me too, if they would have a blowout sale and sell em for like 500 bones i'd bite in a second. i am hoping that when i come to the bumper stage, after gears, track bars, and procal, there is a nice used one right in my price range
Old 09-08-2010, 06:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a LOD shorty for my birthday, and was very excited; however I was concerned what it would look like on a stock X.

I finally got it last week and it looks awesome! While it will look better once I get a larger set of tires, I don't feel like it looks out of place. I have seen a few stingers on stockish jeeps and it always looks a little...silly.

I went with it primarily on its looks, but I also want to have a winch, to help myself out it bad situations (since I am rather new to the world of 4x4)
Old 09-08-2010, 07:02 PM
JK Junkie

LoD mid width.... but if I had to go full width AEV all the way
Old 09-08-2010, 07:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by pwain
I got a LOD shorty for my birthday, and was very excited; however I was concerned what it would look like on a stock X.

I finally got it last week and it looks awesome! While it will look better once I get a larger set of tires, I don't feel like it looks out of place. I have seen a few stingers on stockish jeeps and it always looks a little...silly.

I went with it primarily on its looks, but I also want to have a winch, to help myself out it bad situations (since I am rather new to the world of 4x4)
I'd like to see a pic if you have one available. Cheers!

Quick Reply: Types of Bumpers