Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Universal AC KIT?

Old 09-22-2018, 05:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Universal AC KIT?

I have a JKU X that I bought out of Michigan for a great price jeep wise. I have been toughing out the no AC option since it is a third vehicle and it has the top off most of the time. I came across on of these universal kits that would mount under the dash and wanted to know has anyone installed one on a JK? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-22-2018, 06:39 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Have a link to what you're looking at? I can't help with advice on that, but curious to see what is involved. I do recall a thread a year or so ago of a member wanting to install a/c and I think the final decision was just too much was involved and it wasn't going to be worthwhile.

My top is off most the time, and mine is more of a toy, but oddly enough, a/c and heat almost seems just as important to making being topless most the time possible. Course, I'm bit south in Texas, and a/c with top off makes 100* still bearable!
Old 10-09-2018, 06:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ac Kit problems

I am still having issues, jeep wrangler sport 2011, added air conditioning now heater not working just ac thru front vents. No fix as yet still at ac company. Blower working but only thru facing vents. Any ideas out there?

Quick Reply: Universal AC KIT?