Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Utility?

Old 11-17-2008, 01:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Utility?

So, what do you guys do about utility in your wrangler? With my pickup truck, I could throw anything in the back: Fire wood, my mountain bikes, my snow boards, lawn equipment...

So what do you guys do? Own a trailer?
Old 11-17-2008, 01:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

throw it in the back

I do have a 4 door tho. there is plenty of room for whatever I need to carry
Old 11-17-2008, 02:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am thinking about a small trailer for the same reasons you mentioned. I won't need it much, but would be nice to have for hauling stuff I don't want in the back of the Sahara. Mine too is an Unlimited and there really is quite a bit of room, but I also need to haul rocks and bark sometimes, so a trailer is in the future.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:05 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JeffD
I am thinking about a small trailer for the same reasons you mentioned. I won't need it much, but would be nice to have for hauling stuff I don't want in the back of the Sahara. Mine too is an Unlimited and there really is quite a bit of room, but I also need to haul rocks and bark sometimes, so a trailer is in the future.
That's what I was thinking. It was always nice tossing stuff in the back. And with graduation coming up soon, I have this to ponder: trade it in for a Silverado or a custom rubicon!
Old 11-17-2008, 02:10 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by wayland1985
That's what I was thinking. It was always nice tossing stuff in the back. And with graduation coming up soon, I have this to ponder: trade it in for a Silverado or a custom rubicon!
Um, no to the Silverado, get a trailer and keep the Jeep or get the Rubicon, I can't beleive that's even a discussion.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:10 PM
JK Newbie

My Thule rack rocks. My back seat is never in. On long trips, I get 2 bikes and 2 whitewater kayaks up top. In the back I get my hi-lift, tools, all our camping gear, a coooler, bag with all our biking and kayak gear... I've never been out of room.
I don't know what I'd do with a 4-door?? For the wife and I (no kids) this is great ...and 2doors wheel better than 4-drs (of course I'm biased)
Old 11-17-2008, 02:18 PM
JK Freak

i see no point of having the back seat in my 2dr. none of my friends can comfortably fit back there and i usually try not to have passengers anyway. i just pawn everybody off on my buddy with a 4dr only thing i can see using it for is if i ever need to put a car seat in there. and wayland, don't go talkin that craziness about a silverado. build the x or go for the rubi
Old 11-17-2008, 02:33 PM
JK Junkie

Lol... The silverado is only a hypothetical!

I'm partial to the 2 doors as well... I'm not sure why, but I like it.

The back seats are fine for the women (Usually my bud and his girlfriend come with us to the beach and such), but it's not used that often...

I'm not sure how it would be if kids ever came into the picture . Babies in the back of a wrangler 2door doesn't seem very possible to me...
Old 11-17-2008, 02:42 PM
JK Jedi Master

I usually just throw what ever I need in the back, but you can get a small trailer from Tractor Supply or Harbor Freight for under $400. It won't be a super heavy duty trailer, but it would work for most things.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What did I do?

1. Line-x interior, and if it still doesn't fit:

2. Trailer

Quick Reply: Utility?