Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

violated

Old 03-13-2012, 05:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default violated

It's always nice waking up to go to work, and seeing that some one has gone through your jeep. They took my jeep knife, and tried to take my grab handles, and all my change surprised they didn't take my flashlight. I guess it is true that you can't have anything nice. Oh well they probably needed it more then me, and I guess its par for the course owning a jeep.

Oh and they punctured a hole in my soft top window.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:29 AM
JK Junkie

That's why I would like to install an electrical alarm.... touch it and you get electricuted...obviously where it won't kill you, but sure as hell knock you on your ass.... they even have some that talk to you and tell you "please step away from the vehicle..."

Nevertheless, sorry to hear you have some sticky fingers around your neck of the woods...
Old 03-13-2012, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by minime

Oh and they punctured a hole in my soft top window.
That is just unnecessary. I know it is only a matter of time for me having the soft top and factory half doors. If...When I get broken into I hope they at least have the sense to just unzip the window instead of poking a hole in it. Had to do it a few times myself after locking the keys in. Sorry it had to happen to you.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mo7s JK
That is just unnecessary. I know it is only a matter of time for me having the soft top and factory half doors. If...When I get broken into I hope they at least have the sense to just unzip the window instead of poking a hole in it. Had to do it a few times myself after locking the keys in. Sorry it had to happen to you.
Why not just leave it unlocked? That's what I've done with every convertible I've ever owned.

I realize there are still some genuine idiots out there who will cut the top of an unlocked Jeep, but the smart ones will open the door, realize there's nothing to steal, and move on.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

suppose you're right... guess its just habit.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:12 AM
JK Newbie

Yea, I don't leave anything I like in the Jeep. I just assume it will be taken. This also allows me the freedom to go doorless/topless with little effort.

I had a truck that I left the door open one night (I don't know why) and thieves went in and took my radar detector (left power cord for it), some library books and then decided to break my center console open instead of pushing the button to open it. Not being a thief, I am not sure, but I imagine being in a rush overpowers common sense.

Last edited by prideandjoy5; 03-13-2012 at 06:13 AM. Reason: i before e except after c
Old 03-13-2012, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Agree on the leaving it unlocked. I got tired of replacing windows on my TJ, and now I never lock up the JK. I don't think they have changed the consoles too much, so I assume it's still easy to break them open too...
Old 03-13-2012, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well it wasn't locked and the rear window was off. I think they tested the knife they took out of my jeep.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:44 PM
JK Junkie

Walked out to find that some thieves took my professional work pen and my 230 piece Craftsman tool box but left my coin purse full of money, my two Pelican flashlights and my photography lighting equipment . needless to say it sucks ass !
Old 05-16-2012, 01:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before I owned a Jeep a friend of mine did, no doors ever, but in cooler weather he had a bikini top - he also owned a rather large snake that liked to ride around his neck in the Jeep (which gave many looks from passing cars). When he stopped the snake would slither up onto the roll bar and under the warm top for the suns heat (see where I'm going with this)? One day he returned to the Jeep to find a thief that had started to go thru his glovebox, etc. sitting in the drivers seat with the snake around his neck stammering s's's'nake'e'e - frozen in time!
The guy received a couple of good slaps and a kick in the butt and told to get the F out of Dodge, but I really think the snake was the best cure for his attempts. I still smile when I think of this and it's been years!