Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Warning! Lifetime Added Care Plus

Old 05-13-2008, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning! Lifetime Added Care Plus

Anybody out there be warned if you are in the market for the Lifetime Added Care Plus extended service contract do your research carefully. You have up to a year to add this optional contract and if you shop around you could save up to $700.00 +. My local dealer set me up by saying I needed to get the contract when signing the purchase agreements and I figured wrongly that this was non negotiated product . I ended up paying full retail price and later found that I could have purchased it on line for $700.00 less.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good advice,

My brother warned me about it so I passed on it at time of signing.

The F&I guy can be a rat, they make a big commision on those
Old 05-13-2008, 09:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I found the deal to make sense personally and I also noticed that they always mention that I have it to each other when I bring the Jeep in with something busted on it that's not under warranty just before they fix it for free.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:47 AM
Former Member

Sounds like a third party warranty.

If it doesn't have D.C. stamped all over it (or for that matter the name of the manufacturer of any other vehicle) Run (don't walk) away from it
Never ever buy a third party warranty but if you've got that kind of money to throw away I'll be glad to send you my address.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

08 has a life time on it already.

You have a dealer that SUCKS
Old 05-13-2008, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mcds99
08 has a life time on it already.

You have a dealer that SUCKS
only on drivetrain... there is an extended warranty (good, better, best) that I think Rubi61 is talking about that covers a lot more than just the drivetrain. The "best" was quoted to me lastweek @ $2700 dollars which the dealer called the wrap-around warranty. Covers over 5000 parts on the jeep.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scononie
only on drivetrain... there is an extended warranty (good, better, best) that I think Rubi61 is talking about that covers a lot more than just the drivetrain. The "best" was quoted to me lastweek @ $2700 dollars which the dealer called the wrap-around warranty. Covers over 5000 parts on the jeep.

Exactly. The Lifetime Added Care Plus is just below the "Best" but covers just about everything on the Rubicon. It was sold to me for $1985.00 and today I found it online for $1150.00 so I got a $835.00 lesson in cut throat dealer. I even called the finance manager at the dealer offering the "Chrysler Service Contract" discount and they confirmed the price and said my dealer got me for full retail on the thing. Oh well I love my Rubicon and the deal is done for me. Funny thing is I got a killer deal on the Rubi but let down my guard on the Service end of it.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rub61
Exactly. The Lifetime Added Care Plus is just below the "Best" but covers just about everything on the Rubicon. It was sold to me for $1985.00 and today I found it online for $1150.00 so I got a $835.00 lesson in cut throat dealer. I even called the finance manager at the dealer offering the "Chrysler Service Contract" discount and they confirmed the price and said my dealer got me for full retail on the thing. Oh well I love my Rubicon and the deal is done for me. Funny thing is I got a killer deal on the Rubi but let down my guard on the Service end of it.

You should have 30 days to " think " it over. If you want to "change your mind" then you get 100% refund !!.

If you have never been in for any warranty work; I believe you have 90 days to get 100% refund.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Depending on the company, you can cancel the contract and receive a partial refund.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HULKGREEN
You should have 30 days to " think " it over. If you want to "change your mind" then you get 100% refund !!.

If you have never been in for any warranty work; I believe you have 90 days to get 100% refund.

Have thought about it and I can get my money back with a $25.00 fee but don't know if I can repurchase a new one after I cancel this one. I do want the lifetime service coverage.

Quick Reply: Warning! Lifetime Added Care Plus