Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Warranty work went horribly wrong.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty work went horribly wrong.

Hi first time posting. Have an 07 wrangler unlimited x model. Love the jeep, by far best vehicle ever owned.

Now to what has got me really upset. I had warranty work done on it last week. The paint was bubbling on all 8 hinges. I was told it would take 5 days to repaint them. The work they did was horrible. Not only did the hinges get painted right. They chipped the paint on all 4 doors. I have bad swirl marks around all of the hinges. A scratch on the drivers side b pillar. Scratch next to the left taillight. Scratch on the hard top. A terrible detail job. The drivers door leaks when it rains. (Found that out cause it was pouring out when I picked it up). And there was sand in the floor mats. Also they left me barely any gas. My fuel light was on and it was in 4 wheel drive.

What I'm doing is contacting their corporate office. Getting an estimate from a body shop I can trust. Talking to the dealer on Monday that recommend them as on of their go to body shops. I'm not going to let them touch my jeep ever again. Also not really sure what is going to happen about resolving this big issue. If anyone has a similar situation that has happened to them. By all means let me know what possible outcome could happen. Any opinions I will appreciate.

Thanks for listening to my rant.
Rob
Old 08-21-2011, 07:25 PM
JK Freak

Well if you let someone else paint it the dealer will probably void your warranty.

Good luck
Old 08-21-2011, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Had similar situation with a Ford dealer several years ago. Dropped off for warranty work and PM since I knew I would be traveling for a couple of weeks.

Returned to pick up truck and it was + 2000 miles, filthy and they "forgot" to do PM. Original response from service manager was must have been a test drive for warranty work. Filed police report for unlawful use of MV and all he'll broke lose at dealer. Turns out they rented it to someone for 6 days and employees were "joy riding" and running dealer errands with it.

It was a nice payday, $200/ day plus $1/ mile.

Last edited by TXCheney; 08-21-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Brashanic
Well if you let someone else paint it the dealer will probably void your warranty.

Good luck
It was a factory warranty issue on the paint. And they sent a body shop to what they say they trust. But I do get your point. And is a good possibility. But the body shop I trust warranty the work for as long as I own it.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TXCheney
Had similar situation with a Ford dealer several years ago. Dropped off for warranty work and PM since I knew I would be traveling for a couple of weeks.

Returned to pick up truck and it was + 2000 miles, filthy and they "forgot" to do PM. Original response from service manager was must have been a test drive for warranty work. Filed police report for unlawful use of MV and all he'll broke lose at dealer. Turns out they rented it to someone for 6 days and employees were "joy riding" and running dealer errands with it.

It was a nice payday, $200/ day plus $1/ mile.
Wow. Never would think that would happen. But it now makes me wonder about mine. Since it had sand in the floor mats,it was in 4 wheel drive when I got it back, and barely any gas left in it. Idk what's going to happen. I will be getting a quote for the damages tomorrow along with calling the dealer and talking to the body shops corporate office about it. Maybe I'll have the same kind of luck you did in the end of what happened to you.

Oh did I mention, supposedly it cost $1300 to repaint all 8 hinges on an unlimited.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:03 PM
JK Super Freak

How many miles did they put on yours?
Old 08-21-2011, 09:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully people are getting fired! That is stealing (auto theft!) Paint is fixable
Old 08-22-2011, 03:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by joe002
How many miles did they put on yours?
Not really sure. I didn't take a picture of the mileage when I dropped it off. I should have though. I know at at least 20 miles for transporting it to and from the dealer to the body shop. From now on I will be keeping track of that.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Hskr4x4
Hopefully people are getting fired! That is stealing (auto theft!) Paint is fixable
I completely agree. Only time will tell. Everything will be starting today in regards to getting this all taken care of.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

posting to subscribe good luck your situation sux
brianj

Quick Reply: Warranty work went horribly wrong.