Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

wasp nest

Old 07-05-2008, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wasp nest

I've had the top down for about 2 weeks, and needed to put it up yesterday. When I did I found one of the mud/tube style wasp nest in the soft top. (built into the underside of the canvas) Thank god they were out and about and I got it removed, but I'm just wondering if you guys have had similar issues? I've not seen any other nest nearby to get rid of, but I have been fishing alot at the local dam and there's a lot of bugs out there.

Clay
Old 07-05-2008, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

that stinks, but atleast it was a dirt dobber, not a red or black wasp, that would blow having to swat at going down the highway....

they usually just kill bugs and stuff them in the little mud cacoon, and eat later, when we were kid used to raid mud cacoons, and use the bugs inside as fishing bait...
Old 07-05-2008, 02:48 PM
JK Freak

driving down the road and a horsefly was sitting on my leg only thing i kept thinking is this is going to hurt
Old 07-05-2008, 05:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cucmd1
I've had the top down for about 2 weeks, and needed to put it up yesterday. When I did I found one of the mud/tube style wasp nest in the soft top. (built into the underside of the canvas) Thank god they were out and about and I got it removed, but I'm just wondering if you guys have had similar issues? I've not seen any other nest nearby to get rid of, but I have been fishing alot at the local dam and there's a lot of bugs out there.

Clay
LOL, be sure to check under your dash for a nest too. I have them here
Old 07-05-2008, 05:20 PM
JK Newbie

I've had bees and wasps crawl from the back or under a seat up to the front after siting topless somewhere, but never had a nest built; that would be a little surprising to see!
Old 07-05-2008, 05:45 PM
JK Super Freak

I 'd rather the wasp

i had a big brown spider once 0bout the size of a silver dollar go across my thigh and up my chest while driving now that was fun

"dwi"

tell you what sprayed that jeep down w/t some chemicals to kill it

finally found in the back all dried up fell out the wiper motor box when i open her up scared the crap out of me then too
Old 07-05-2008, 09:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by -MAW-
I 'd rather the wasp

i had a big brown spider once 0bout the size of a silver dollar go across my thigh and up my chest while driving now that was fun

"dwi"

tell you what sprayed that jeep down w/t some chemicals to kill it

finally found in the back all dried up fell out the wiper motor box when i open her up scared the crap out of me then too
Oh man, that gives me the shivers just thinking about it.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:56 PM
JK Super Freak

I have a friend who was driving with her daughter in an infant seat. A bee came into the car. While still moving the mother swatted at the bee and the reaction caused her to turn the wheel. The vehicle hit a utility pole, the transformer came down and hit the top of the vehicle. However, the attached wires held and softened the blow on the roof. She and her daughter were safe. The pole was a disaster and the vehicle wasn't much better. I'm sure the bee never knew what almost hit it.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:15 PM
JK Freak

If you happen to get pulled over by a cop for speeding, reckless driving, etc.... Take a page from Tommy Boy's playbook.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HQriSWN6JQc

"Your firearms are useless against them!"
Old 07-05-2008, 10:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cucmd1

Clay
I've had dirt daubers build nests on stuff up in the attic space of my garage, so far nothing in the jeep...

Quick Reply: wasp nest