Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Water in roof panels??

Old 01-02-2010, 05:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water in roof panels??

This week I drove up to Vermont to do some skiing (about 250 mi each way). It snowed a lot and the roads were wet (wipers the entire trip home). When I pulled off the highway and stopped at the light I heard water sloshing overhead. Same thing at the next stop sign.

I pulled over, removed the driver side roof panel and held it perpendicular to the ground while the water drained out (a lot of water). I don't have any tears in the rubber molding and the panel was seated properly ('09 Sahara / 9,000 mi). Anyone else experience this problem?

I love this JK but the built quality is pathetic!!

Last edited by pcarpenter; 01-02-2010 at 05:16 AM.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

Im sure others will chime in soon, but yea. I dont even have a jk yet and I know this happens. I was testing one a the dealer and it was full of water but not leaking. Once we heard the water I took one off and drained it, to the sales person horror it started leaking afterward. it just continued to drip on the radio.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:37 PM
JK Newbie

I had this problem as well in a '10 JK Sport 2dr. Heard water sloshing around after a huge rainstorm, took me awhile to figure out where it was coming from but sure enough, pulled the driver side roof panel and water started to drip out the bolt hole. Reinstalled the panel and haven't had the problem since
Old 01-02-2010, 02:51 PM
ksk
JK Enthusiast

Everyone experiences this problem...i took mine back and had the seals replaced on the hard top...yea shyt build quality pretty much sums it up...take it back to be done under warranty..

KSK
Old 03-18-2010, 07:30 AM
JK Newbie

Unhappy

First post, greetings everyone. I had same problem (09 2dr HT 6sp) and just last night figured out where the sloshing sound was coming from. If I take it to the dealer, what if anything will they do to ensure this does not ahppen again?

Quick Reply: Water in roof panels??