Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wax

Old 06-10-2007, 08:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wax

What wax do you guys recommend on a black rubicon? Any special ones?
Old 06-10-2007, 08:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Exclamation

Originally Posted by BLKRuby

My buddy also has a black Rubi. He said something about black wax that didn't leave white residue. Personally, I've been using Zaino on my vehicles. It's not cheap, but it sure does last a long time. I have it on my Magnum and haven't polished it (it's not a wax, per se) for well over 6 months and it beaded up when I washed it yesterday, and still looks great.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Adam's Polishes
Old 06-10-2007, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Default Good Luck

Go to the Meguires website, watch the videos, even call their tech support with your questions. I did it. I wasnt dissapointed. Mines not black but Red Rock which is dark. I'm glad I did. I'm not affiliated with them, just contacted them and they gave me the real deal on taking care of dark paint! Black is the hardest of all. I know. I had a Black Chevy Silverado that got spiderwebs the first time I waxed it. Call them. You'll be glad you did.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Bodo
Go to the Meguires website, watch the videos, even call their tech support with your questions. I did it. I wasnt dissapointed. Mines not black but Red Rock which is dark. I'm glad I did. I'm not affiliated with them, just contacted them and they gave me the real deal on taking care of dark paint! Black is the hardest of all. I know. I had a Black Chevy Silverado that got spiderwebs the first time I waxed it. Call them. You'll be glad you did.

You're right about black being hard to take care of. I still haven;t figured out how to wash mine. I thought it was clean, but it still looked dirty after it dried. Oh well, it's a Jeep. No shame in being dirty.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Zaino
(the only wax i use now)
I friend recomendrd this stuff, once i tried it. I've used nothing else on my vehicles for the last 4 years now.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:33 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKRuby
Meguiar's Gold Class used to work great on my black Murano. Very reflective and easy to take off!
Old 06-10-2007, 01:38 PM
JK Freak

Talk to a local detailer, Not only do they have great products but they also know alot about them. many detail shops also sell these and other automotive products at much lower prices than at box stores.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 07rube

You're right about black being hard to take care of. I still haven;t figured out how to wash mine. I thought it was clean, but it still looked dirty after it dried. Oh well, it's a Jeep. No shame in being dirty.
I'm not sure about the waxing but I have a black JK and for washing it I use that Mr Clean AutoDry. That thing really works good, no hand drying and no spots. The filter and soap will last about 5-6 washes before needing replaced.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:57 PM
JK Newbie

Location: Mountain View, CA & Incline Village, Lk. Tahoe, NV (summer house)

I'm too lazy to wax by myself, but Griot's Garage (griotsgarage.com) carries very high-end wax and other car care products. I have Window Cleaner and Speed Shine from them. They are the best when it comes to car care (washing, waxing, detailing etc.)

Quick Reply: Wax