Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wax

Old 06-11-2007, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NYRacBaller
I would suggest trying it. I would only use McGuires in the past too but now I think I will stick to this. It may not be as longlasting as a "real" paste wax but, for my needs it is great. Very quick and very very easy. Use one microfiber towel, spray on a whole panel, wipe with one side of the towel then wipe with the other side of the towel and ... you got shine!
I have been using ICE also and i really like it. Its easy enough to apply after every wash. I have done it 3 times now on my jk and she looks great. Like you said i dont know how long it lasts but for the ease of putting it on who really cares?
Old 06-11-2007, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've had a couple of black cars in the past and used turtle waxs' black majic wax for black cars only. It's a black colored wax so it fills in those tiny scratches and really makes it shine great
Old 06-12-2007, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

my favorite is duragloss ..their car wash is awesome.. a rep told me "it treats the paint to make it less susceptable to dirt" I said "yea yea whatever"...but I think he has something here .....
Old 06-12-2007, 05:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use Ice detail spray when I'm feeling lazy but every 3 months all the vehicles get clayed, Klasse all in one, then Klasse Sealant. Excellent stuff and easily lasts 3-6 months.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:07 AM
JK Newbie

I tried the ICE liquid wax (not spray detailer) over the weekend. It goes on extremely thin -- a little like baby oil. It worked wonders on all the plastic parts (including the fiberglass hardtop), but it doesn't offer much (if any) protection against scratches. I took it offroading the day I "ICE'd" it, and I got a few new scratches on the paint and the hardtop from the brush.

Next time I wax, I think I am going to use a thicker wax for the painted parts, and keep using the ICE for the bumpers, rails, hard top and mirrors.

By the way... don't wax your car while nursing a hangover. It's a baaaad idea

Last edited by black_sahara07; 06-18-2007 at 09:14 AM.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:38 AM
JK Freak

Zaino. Once you try it you will love it! Picked up the new X last night and the first coats will go on this weekend.

Quick Reply: Wax