Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What would my rubi d-44 axles with 4:10 be worth?

Old 04-17-2013, 01:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by otservice
Over $3gs for the pair is crazy, but there's a sucker born every second lol I see built front housings for $800 all the time, complete $1-1500 and rears are worth less. OEM equipment is never worth gold or their list price so don't expect aftermarket prices. Try $6gs and if you get some idiot to pay that then all the power to you. I wouldn't pay more than $2gs for the pair though if I had the choice between them & aftermarket stuff.

There's an in crate Rubi rear complete with choice of gears for $1800 on ebay. That's a brand new complete housing for a Rubi. If we use real world prices, your used Rubi housing complete is worth around $800 max. I'll stick with $2-3gs max for the pair. $3s on the sucker end, $2gs on the smart buyer end.
Dude your smoking something if you think you can get a complete Rubi housings with lockers for for 2 grand that ain't bent. I decided to gusset and sleeve and some RCVs. But I had someone offer 4 g for the pair. I've seen the Rubi Elockers alone go for $800 on here in matter of minutes.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKingAround
Dude your smoking something if you think you can get a complete Rubi housings with lockers for for 2 grand that ain't bent. I decided to gusset and sleeve and some RCVs. But I had someone offer 4 g for the pair. I've seen the Rubi Elockers alone go for $800 on here in matter of minutes.
Hell if somebody offers $4gs for the pair I'd jump on that then lol I've seen quite a few Rubi axles on the west coast for cheap though. Maybe more people up here who build know you can buy a ProRock for that price and then just modify the existing rear Dana 44 and have a stronger setup than stock Rubi axles for only a little bit more $$.

To be honest though, unless you plan on some heavy rock crawling with 39s+ your Dana 44s will last a long time, especially now that your gusseted and sleeved them. Too many people get scared the axles wont last, but there are more non-broken 44s getting beat every day than broken ones.

Last edited by otservice; 04-17-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by otservice

Hell if somebody offers $4gs for the pair I'd jump on that then lol I've seen quite a few Rubi axles on the west coast for cheap though. Maybe more people up here who build know you can buy a ProRock for that price and then just modify the existing rear Dana 44 and have a stronger setup than stock Rubi axles for only a little bit more $$.

To be honest though, unless you plan on some heavy rock crawling with 39s+ your Dana 44s will last a long time, especially now that your gusseted and sleeved them. Too many people get scared the axles wont last, but there are more non-broken 44s getting beat every day than broken ones.
The fact I was selling hubs it widens the market past just JKs old Tjs and xj's with old turdies even with the old non free floaters 44s would love the upgrade and don't want to spend 5-6 grand on one axle. And I know they are fine with my 37s now but when I throw a 4bt or a hemi under the hood I might want some pr 60s. Hear on the east coast we don't have a bunch of people upgrading from 44s

Quick Reply: What would my rubi d-44 axles with 4:10 be worth?