Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wheel illegally?? STOP!!

Old 08-11-2013, 05:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cant believe the cops impounded the jeeps. they must of did alot of damage in my opinion. Most cops would say go home or pay any damages. And I dont think off roading is a sport as the OP said
Old 08-11-2013, 05:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems to me that the availability of spots to wheel varies a lot from state to state. In SC, there is literally one legal offroad park. The National Forests have trails for ATV's and motorcycles but are off limits to Jeeps. The local Jeep club got tickets for not avoiding mud on the forest roads when riding through there. We also have miles of undeveloped beach that is very illegal to drive on which makes no sense to anyone who has been to the NC or Florida beaches.

So either you go to Gulches or you find a hunt club or other land where you can go. It isn't like out west or even GA, KY, TN, or NC where there are several legal places to wheel.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kh202
"Sl

Moral of the story, if you do sneak around and wheel in shady areas, hopefully it catches up to you and you break something, get stranded, get arrested and possibly lose your jeep. Because you don't deserve it
Sounds like a negative hateful moral me. Also to wish that on other people is also a pretty dickhead move, I wheel illegally all the time, only because all of greedy rednecks have bought up all the land and made them private so they can " hunt" ( if that's what you want to call it), but yeah when I'm wheeling illegally I do it responsibly and never bog threw mud holes or go off the trail ( unless I have to). I pick up any trash I ever see and make the trail look better than it did before. Also I do the same on powerline trails.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Tuff Gong

Sounds like a negative hateful moral me. Also to wish that on other people is also a pretty dickhead move, I wheel illegally all the time, only because all of greedy rednecks have bought up all the land and made them private so they can " hunt" ( if that's what you want to call it), but yeah when I'm wheeling illegally I do it responsibly and never bog threw mud holes or go off the trail ( unless I have to). I pick up any trash I ever see and make the trail look better than it did before. Also I do the same on powerline trails.
If you are wheeling illegally you are NOT doing anything responsible, period.

"Greedy Rednecks", really. It's greedy for someone to buy a piece of property so they can hunt on it? Rather than "greedy" they are actually the responsible ones. You are just an ignorant fool.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tchaap

"Greedy Rednecks", really. It's greedy for someone to buy a piece of property so they can hunt on it? Rather than "greedy" they are actually the responsible ones. You are just an ignorant fool.
There is so mutch bought private land now adays you cant hunt, off road ir even walk through. Its crazy
Old 08-11-2013, 06:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tchaap

By wheeling illegally i mean driving on land I know isn't mine. I never drive in places that say no tresspassing for obvious reasons beside powerline trails but if there isn't one posted then that's free game and I leave it to the responsiblity of the land owner to come and tell me to leave and I never argue I just leave. And by greedy rednecks I mean buying 1000 acres and and telling everyone to stay out so you can walk into the woods and set up some food traps and shoot the animals that come to eat. Then hold up the head, take a pic like you conquered the animal. No you just shot something that was standing still with a gun that does all the work sitting in a tree stand. If anyone is ignorant its the op and most of the rednecks I know
Old 08-11-2013, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Tuff Gong
By wheeling illegally i mean driving on land I know isn't mine. I never drive in places that say no tresspassing for obvious reasons beside powerline trails but if there isn't one posted then that's free game and I leave it to the responsiblity of the land owner to come and tell me to leave and I never argue I just leave. And by greedy rednecks I mean buying 1000 acres and and telling everyone to stay out so you can walk into the woods and set up some food traps and shoot the animals that come to eat. Then hold up the head, take a pic like you conquered the animal. No you just shot something that was standing still with a gun that does all the work sitting in a tree stand. If anyone is ignorant its the op and most of the rednecks I know
So it is out of jealousy because you can't afford to buy the land yourself then that you choose to go ahead and drive on someone else's land. Since obviously you are not a land owner you have zero respect for others i too will say you are not ignorant as you know exactly what you are doing, you are just a plain old inconsiderate prick. You are driving illegally unless you have permission from the land owners, plain and simple.

I am also guessing you are troll so i apologize to everyone else for feeding the troll but bottom line is you sir, are the reason for closures and bad relationships between land owners and the outdoor community.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:56 AM
JK Freak

Im glad i did it when i did bc it made me want a jeep of my own (i was in my grandpas wile my car was at the wreck shop). But now i only do it legally and with groups. Good post and a good idea to bring it up to spread the word
Old 08-11-2013, 08:09 AM
JK Freak

I guess I wheel illegally every time I go out lol. My nearest off road park is three hours away. So I'll just pay the fine if I ever get one, cheaper than the gas it would cost to go do it legally.

This is where I gamble.

http://www.wfla.com/story/22091512/n...gal-atv-riders

They say they've cracked down, but it doesn't seem like it to me. I go at night most of the time though. I've been loving the new 20" light bar lol.

Last edited by amick218; 08-11-2013 at 08:13 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:33 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by amick218
I guess I wheel illegally every time I go out lol. My nearest off road park is three hours away. So I'll just pay the fine if I ever get one, cheaper than the gas it would cost to go do it legally.

This is where I gamble.

North Port PD cracking down on illegal ATV riders - WFLA-TV News Channel 8

They say they've cracked down, but it doesn't seem like it to me. I go at night most of the time though. I've been loving the new 20" light bar lol.
Great idea!! go out and wheel illegally and doing it under the cover of darkness because it's not like they can't see your lights. And another great job taking away law enforcement from handling larger problems by dealing with people with no respect for anything that isn't theirs because they would rather just pay the fine than do it legally.

I seriously cannot believe there are this many people on this board who not only wheel illegally but have the balls to come out and say they that they do it and justify it in their own little pea brains. Part of the reason society is going to the crapper....no thoughts of anyone but themselves.

Quick Reply: Wheel illegally?? STOP!!