Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

When It Rains...It Pours

Old 05-05-2011, 03:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default When It Rains...It Pours

Ok guys it was sunny all day today up until like 20 minutes before I left work fortunately, I had the 2 front pieces of the hard-top on, but the back was off....naturally, the entire rear area of the Jeep got SOAKED....not really worried about anything being damaged in the Jeep (I mean, they're made to withstand the elements)...what I'm wondering, is for those of you who have had their Jeeps drenched...does the carpet or seating or anything smell moldy afterwards? should I be doing something to help dry it out? Thanks, Sam
Old 05-05-2011, 03:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have seat covers so the seats will be fine - but the carpet if they were soaked and sitting in water for a while could smell a lil funky. u can vacuum the hell out of them to get the water out.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Take the carpets out. Solves the moldy scent problem, if it occurs. After mine were removed I noticed that the cab smelled "fresh"
Old 05-05-2011, 03:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Either vacuum the rear carpet, or pull it and let it hang dry. It will smell musty and you could get mold if there is a good amount of water and it sits long enough. I would say go ahead and pull the carpet, it's real easy. That way you can towel dry the tub and air dry the carpet. A wet vac will also work but prob more work.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Newbie

Definitely pull the carpet and let is dry in the sun - not worth the potential mold issue.
I once had about 2" of rain water in my footwells after an unexpected (to me) thunderstorm. Everything was dry in about a day and a half.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ludski
i love your jeep. you dont gotta worry about making HER wet. what you need to worry about is OTHER people getting wet seeing her.
thanks for the compliment

Sam
Old 05-05-2011, 05:20 PM
JK Freak

oh and btw, I ended up taking all the rear carpet out of the Jeep and hanging it to dry...also have a massive fan blowing through the doors to get it dry

Sam
Old 05-05-2011, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

that sucks, you did not have any amps or new sound speakers back there did ya?
Old 05-05-2011, 07:51 PM
JK Freak

No thank goodness i aint got all the money to do a new sound system otherwise id still be in the driveway kickin crap!

Quick Reply: When It Rains...It Pours