Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Where do you store your full steel doors...

Old 07-05-2009, 09:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do you store your full steel doors...

...for the summer when you've installed Besttop Soft Doors? I just got the soft doors Friday, and still haven't fully installed and leak checked them, but it's on the list. I would like to put my steelies away for the summer, but my wife is balking at me putting them in the spare bedroom closet. Can I lay them down under a bed? They have the power windows. Will that damage them long term to be horizontal for a few months? Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks!
Old 07-05-2009, 01:00 PM
JK Freak

i cant imagine that laying them flat will do any harm. i have access to a garage with an attic so the doors will be going up there very soon. ive been working too much lately to have time to take them off
Old 07-05-2009, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by toad
I don't think I'll be any help...I live in a 1-bdrm apt. All of my jeep stuff is in the living room...doors, back seat, camping gear. It looks like a jeep exploded in there. If you could get them in a closet, more power to ya. I wish I had that kind of room.
LOL. I'm with Toad here. I'm in a one bedroom apartment also. As I look in my dinning room I see all 4 of my doors, my 4 wheeling bag w/ the biggest tow strap you have ever seen, my MTN bike mounted on the wall and my camping gear piled up in the corner. In the winter the Full doors will be replaced with my Summer Bestop Highrock top and bottoms and my soft top. Gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:37 PM
JK Junkie

I store mine in the formal dinning room, obviously we don't use it much so I get away with it..... at least until the wife goes and has company over. then I move them to the office and then back....
Old 07-05-2009, 02:02 PM
JK Junkie

Put mine on the patio and put a towel underneath and on top them.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

My hats off to you... I have a 20x20 shop in the backyard it looks like a JK exploded in and all my stock junk outside against the fence. Don't know how you do it?
Old 07-05-2009, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I made a door hanger out of spare wood from my kids swing set and leave them hanging in the garage
Old 07-05-2009, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've got mine hanging in my 12x20 yard barn on those red rubber coated hooks you see bikes hanging on, just a couple bucks at the hardware and their out of the way...
Old 07-05-2009, 10:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I carry them 150 yards, up a flight of stairs and into my bedroom where they lean against the wall. Also, only doors off for fall and spring here. I like to let my AC work when it is 110 out.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:51 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a small 12x16 shed that I will be storing mine in. I'll hang them on some hooks on the wall with something soft between them.

Quick Reply: Where do you store your full steel doors...