Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Who knows about the blinker "lane change" feature?

Old 06-19-2007, 10:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who knows about the blinker "lane change" feature?

If you lightly push the blinker in either direction very briefly, it will blink three times and then stop. I thought ours was sticking until I read about this being a feature in the $80,000 - $100,000 Mercedes SUV.

The blinker otherwise works like a normal blinker. Push it all the way and it stays until you push it back or turn a corner. Push it part way and hold and it keeps blinking until you release it. The quick tap and three blinks is for quick lane change signals.

Last edited by driley; 06-19-2007 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:54 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is funny how much this has come up lately. I knew about it, but it seems alot of people dont. I personally find it annoying and i wish i could shut it off, but that is just me. Others seem to like it.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
It is funny how much this has come up lately. I knew about it, but it seems alot of people dont. I personally find it annoying and i wish i could shut it off, but that is just me. Others seem to like it.
True, a lot of people don't. We thought ours was sticking and took it to a Jeep dealer to get looked at. The replaced it under warranty
Old 06-19-2007, 11:08 AM
JK Freak

Wow! It's amaizing what the dealerships DON'T know.
I'm getting use to mine - so much so I find it frustrating when turning in my wife's Escape!!
Old 06-19-2007, 11:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

mine drives me crazy...on off on off....right left right left....crazy.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JKGirl
ayup. i keep wanting to hit it the other way, end up looking like some lost florida snowbird with my blinkers freaking out.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:22 AM
JK Newbie

i actually thought my turn signal control stalk was broken (i managed to break the one on my '97 TJ about a month after i bought it). but then i ran across "active turn signals" listed as new features on '07 commanders and grand cherokees at http://www.wkjeeps.com/index.htm and i realized that the 3-blink lane change was one of those "undocumented features."

took me a while to get used to it, but i take I-95 to work every morning and i find myself using it all the time.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKGirl
I sense sarcasm.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

no sarcasm... really I go to go left...blinker on..ok so I go to shut it off...and its going right then left then right...ugh...one day I wll get pulled over for this.... how do I explain-- I don't know how to work my blinkers, officer??
Old 06-19-2007, 11:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

I love this feature myself! I use it all the time. Funny story about it really. My friend went to go buy a new car so I went with him to keep him from getting ripped apart by the salemen.

We took a 08 Avenger for a test drive and the guy was like hit the turn signal up just a little bit and it will blink 3 times. I was like damn my new Jeep doesnt even have that. Then he said well if its a big deal we can put you in a 07 Wrangler to fix that.

I wanted to hit him lol I was like did you not see what we drove here. Low and behold I get back in my Jeep and try it and bam 3 blinks I was a happy panda!

Last edited by JKmike07; 06-19-2007 at 12:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Who knows about the blinker "lane change" feature?