Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Who is part of the lifetime warranty group like ME????? Post here what ya get!

Old 04-27-2011, 10:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Who is part of the lifetime warranty group like ME????? Post here what ya get!

Life time warranty to the original owner!!!!

Heck yeah can't beat that deal!!!!

Well fellas, my transmission lost reverse and I took it to the dealer and got a brand new transmission no charge at all! Woot woot!!!! They also have replaced my exhaust manifold late last year. My warranty work will evenetually exceed the purchase price of my jeep! I plan on trying to hit 1 million miles!!! I am almost at 100k in less than 3 years.

So figure at least 33k a year and I am 38 so by the time I am 78 I should have around 1 million 320 thousand miles on my jeep. And I am sure when I retire I will put alot more miles on my jeep too.

That should be a few free engines and transmissions at the least! Whooooo Hooooo!!

So if you got a rig with a lifetime warranty post up here and let us know, has anyone gotten a free engine yet?

Post a pic of your jeep too!

Red
Old 04-27-2011, 10:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yep, have a 08 with lifetime powertrain. New waterpump, exhaust manifold, and gastank are the only things I've had to use the warranty for so far. Just turned 54k.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1235181070.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	154497  
Old 04-27-2011, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

09 with lifetime warranty. No claims so far @ 46,000 miles!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in this club but I have this warm feelin they will not warranty my jeep due to the upgrades :P We will see though.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:35 AM
JK Junkie

So far just a new clutch, but that was under the original warranty, nothing after 36K, sitting at 62K now.

The important part is making sure that it gets inspected every 5 years (I think it needs to be within a month of the purchase anniversary date). That's the part they will get a lot of people on.

besides the lifetime powertrain warranty, I have a lifetime (almost) bumper to bumper warranty. It covers everything except items that wear with normal use such as belts, hoses, tires, etc and does not cover plastics, fabric & body. All mechanical, electrical, digital items are covered.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

08 JKU. I'm in the club too! I have no claims so far however, and I am almost at 8K miles!

Mods won't affect your powertrain warranty, but things do fall off as you replace them. My D60's front and rear mean that they won't cover my axles. I only wanted the warranty for the Engine/Tranny/T-case. All those are still covered.

Be sure you get your 5-year inspections. If you do not, the lifetime warranty goes away!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:43 AM
JK Freak

I have an 09 with 22k and so far I haven't taken it in for anything but recalls. The dealer here in West Bend, WI seems cool with mods. Talked to the manager about trails and mods for 45 min while they were doing a recall.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:43 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by scouter4life
So far just a new clutch, but that was under the original warranty, nothing after 36K, sitting at 62K now.

The important part is making sure that it gets inspected every 5 years (I think it needs to be within a month of the purchase anniversary date). That's the part they will get a lot of people on.

besides the lifetime powertrain warranty, I have a lifetime (almost) bumper to bumper warranty. It covers everything except items that wear with normal use such as belts, hoses, tires, etc and does not cover plastics, fabric & body. All mechanical, electrical, digital items are covered.
Jeep sent me an "upgrade offer" to get bumper to bumper on my 08. It was like $2300. I didn't get it but figure one failure on my nav and the warranty add on would have paid for itself.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:43 PM
JK Jedi

2008 JKU 58,000 miles. No claims yet, but my dealership did replace my clockspring for free after the 36k warranty ran out. Long story short, a retarded service rep left the premises and left ME hangin for 3 hours waiting for no reason. I raised such a stink over it, the service manager did the work gratis. I'll def take my Jeep back to them(but never deal with that idiot service rep again).
Old 04-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am! Glad I have it, I needed my exhaust manifold on the drivers side replaced. 60,000+ miles and for the most part the only issues that I've had have been my fault.

Quick Reply: Who is part of the lifetime warranty group like ME????? Post here what ya get!