Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why Blame Jeep??

Old 09-17-2008, 07:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought I would address the OP's question too:

I have also come across quite a few of my off road friends (who usually own things other than Jeeps) that always want MY JEEP to go places they either can't or won't. Of course I usually try to show them up and go places they can't. I also try to show them up and go places THEY WON'T.

But I have backed out of alot of things that I knew would risk my JK's life (or my own) and should I cause damage to my JK that I know shouldn't in any way be Chryslers responsibility I will take full blame. I won't be one of those claiming LEMON at the first issue I cause.

And don't start flaming me for this...I know there are indeed people out there who have had true lemon problems. Not problems where they beat their JK into LEMONADE and call Chrysler asking for a rep to come out to their dealer to check somethin out....
Old 09-17-2008, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default No need to explain

Now that is dumb. Oh by the way I think we just highjacked a thread sorry.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Fire

Now that is dumb. Oh by the way I think we just highjacked a thread sorry.
HA HA, Hijack maybe but your sign is some really funny $hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 08:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's a Jeep, not a magic carpet. 4 wheel drive does not replace common sense.

S.R.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shawnwade
It's a Jeep, not a magic carpet. 4 wheel drive does not replace common sense.

S.R.
I think you have the problem right there. Some think a jeep is unbreakable and when it does break they get upset. If you go through a mudpit and hit a rock or a tree stump under the mud and bend a tie rod end that's not jeeps fault.

This was quite a few years ago but I was driving in a snowstorm there was about 4 inches on the road and it was coming down pretty good. I was going about 40 Mph on the highway and be very cautious. It was then someone in a grand Cherokee blew by me. I don't know how fast he was going, but I would say atleast 55-60. Well any way I passed him 2 miles down the road. It looked like he tried to change lanes to fast and had spun 180 in the road and was up against the guardrail on the right side of the road. I slowed down to see if he was alright and I see him slamming his fists on the steering wheel. I bet he was cursing out his jeep for allowing him to wreck. People just don't know thier limits and expect thier jeep to save them.

It a great vehicle but its not invincible....
Old 09-18-2008, 02:17 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by pastorsteve
Okay I know I'll be blasted by a couple of folks who want to blame other's for their actions but................

Why do so many folks herein want to blame Chrysler or Jeep for not covering under warranty accidental, bone headed, intentional or other damages to their vehicles casued by the driver? Hitting a rock with your transfer case causing damage or popping a tire on a trail is no different than backing into a fire hydrant and wanting the dealership to cover your accident.

YES these vehicles are trail rated. And if anything breaks under "normal use" it should be covered. But hitting rocks, road debris, water ingestion into an engine or crankase - IS NOT - a manufacturer defect. Just because we can break it doesn't mean there was culpability on the part of the manufacturer.

I love the information sharing that goes on here, but not the whining about "mommy I broke my toy, I want another one". Let's see how long it takes for some to make this a thread for everything that's wrong with their JK.

It's not just here. A buddy of mine who owns a Chevy dealership tells me stories of guys who watch the Silverado commercials where they drop a huge transformer or generator or two tons of rocks into the bed from 20 feet up - and yep they come in and want the dealership to fix their broken truck. C'mon let's be real.

I guess it just proves that common sense isn't so common.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:55 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by tackindy
... but not anywhere stupid.
Ah! And there-in lies the rub: Trying to figure out it's stupid before you do it! ("Man, that was stupid. I'm never gonna try that again!")
Old 09-18-2008, 05:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dcblew
Personal responsibility. Come on the T.V. made me do it. Because of these same people we have all kinds of dumb warnings like a hair drier that says don't use in the shower, drain cleaner that says don't drink. Lets get rid of these dumb warnings and that will get rid of some of these dumb people
Or "my video game made me kill people"
Old 09-18-2008, 05:22 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

here. hold my beer....
Old 09-18-2008, 05:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
here. hold my beer....

Quick Reply: Why Blame Jeep??