Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why buy a Rubi?

Old 10-15-2007, 10:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=drbeddow;204937]
Originally Posted by SONIC
oucan get the dual tops on any model
my Rubi only came with hard top[/QUOTE
I know you can on any model. I was just trying to point out what else you get for the price difference when you step up to the Rubi. And you say you only got the hard top? I thought the dual tops came on all Rubicons.
I only got a soft top... Rubicon doesn't mean you get both tops..
Old 10-15-2007, 02:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oooops my bad. Forget all that crap I said about tops. But hey.......... now I'm wondering if I paid too much.........
Old 10-15-2007, 04:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drbeddow
Oooops my bad. Forget all that crap I said about tops. But hey.......... now I'm wondering if I paid too much.........
OH yeah, you did! But don't let it bother you we ALL paid way to much!
Old 10-16-2007, 02:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1BADJK
Like I was always told..

"If your going to do it.. Do it right.. "

Why halfass it.. Your already spending $25K whats a few more...

i always lived by "if it's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess."
Old 10-16-2007, 04:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

the folks who buy rubis do it because they can. They could afford it, or willing to pay more to get it. If you ask every X or Sahara owner here if they would get a rubi for the same price as what they're paying now, what do you think the answer will be?
there will probably be a couple crazy ones who wouldn't do it, but the rest will jump on the opportunity.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:32 PM
JK Super Freak

44 front and rear lockers front and rear 4:10 gears 4:1 transfer case and a e sway bar. Witch it makes it easy when I full disconnect the sway bar and comes with rock rails too. Well worth the extra money when you add it up. I sold my tires and traded my rims for steelies. I'm running 37s and regearing soon. But it runs much better then it would with your 3:21s or 3:73s. I could stay with what I got cause it can climb anything but a big reason I'm regearing is for better mpg. The question that gets me is why would someone spend almost the cost of a rubicon on a Sahara that's what I don't get.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:07 PM
JK Freak

I wanted a rubi but could only afford a Sahara and I like it allot. I prolly won't wheel it much but if I do I want it capable. I like how the Sahara is all one color (top, fenders,) but that's about it. Don't get me wrong I love the Sahara but if I could afford it I'd get a Rubi. It was about a 5k difference in price and I figure I can hey parts from a Rubi if I want em or find good aftermarket alternatives

Sent from my dumbphone
Old 06-17-2013, 06:41 PM
JK Super Freak

LMAO holy thread resurrection batman! Personally I like the sticker. I mean X is really cool because X is just a cool letter but it just doesn't jump out like RUBICON.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:26 AM
JK Newbie

I just read most of this thread and then i looked at the date and was like holy crap!!! Cause now a days a rubi is about 10 grand more than an X
Old 06-18-2013, 05:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKingAround
44 front and rear lockers front and rear 4:10 gears 4:1 transfer case and a e sway bar. Witch it makes it easy when I full disconnect the sway bar and comes with rock rails too. Well worth the extra money when you add it up. I sold my tires and traded my rims for steelies. I'm running 37s and regearing soon. But it runs much better then it would with your 3:21s or 3:73s. I could stay with what I got cause it can climb anything but a big reason I'm regearing is for better mpg. The question that gets me is why would someone spend almost the cost of a rubicon on a Sahara that's what I don't get.
You know if you want to bring a Rubi/Sport debate thread back to life, there's a few better ones that are just months old...not years old

Age old debate...if you can build a vehicle and have the time/experience/money, buy a sport. If you can't build anything, don't have the time, don't have the cash, buy a Rubi and finance it. Our 2010 JK with 35s, 4" lift, 6spd/3.21/open diffs has followed and passed many of Rubi's on the trails. It's more the driver than the vehicle

Now the Sahara/Rubi question is valid because they are near the same price point. Only a couple thousand difference generally. The Rubi is still $10gs more than a comparable Sport though and that leaves a lot of $$ on the table to play with.

Quick Reply: Why buy a Rubi?