Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why buy a Rubi?

Old 06-18-2013, 06:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=ChopperKrawler;175852]
Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888

Again, you're missing the point. I didn't say MOST people will wheel there JK's. I was talking about Rubicons. Either way, There is NO way you can prove your statement without going and interviewing every Jeep owner, Rubicon or not, and verifying that they wheel it not. Then the question comes up; What is wheeling? or to what degree of offroading qualifies that person as "Using" their Jeep for 4wd purposes. You're also "guessing" that "1 out of 3 or 4" Rubicon owners take their Jeep down a dirt road. Again thats your own opinion that in no way can be proved. I'm all for an intelligent argument, but generalizations, stereotypes, unpproved opinions, hold no water. You're entitled to your opinion, but thats all it is, YOUR opinion.
Your "theory" on the only people who can afford Rubicons are "soccer moms" and "yuppie dads" also is a generalization. I'm 27 yrs old, not married, no kids, and I can afford a Rubi...I guess I'm an exception to your theory. The two soccer moms in my neighborhood drive 2wd Saharas so that defies your theory too. I have yet to see a soccer mom driving a Rubicon, of course thats referencing the 3 states I have lived in the last year. Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana. I wish everyone could just be happy with their decision without making negative comments about others.

I do partially agree with your statement, a lot of JK's don't get wheeled...thats been established for years as far as Jeeps go...and is overstating the obvious, but to try to constantly put down people who bought a Rubicon for whatever reason is really lame. You thought it was "overkill", good for you, thats your opinion. I'm glad your happy in your decision, just like I'm glad I bought a Rubicon. Why do people constantly have to hijack & start threads about Rubicons never being in 4wd, and mall crawler this and that. Any one of the JK models can be called a mall crawler, depends on whose driving it. Seems like constantly, people who don't have Rubicons, are in some way trying to justify their decision for not buying one, by putting down those people that did choose the Rubi package. There is a 50 year old woman that lives down the street from me and drives an 07 GT500 Mustang. I can make the assumption that she never fully utilizes the 450+ hp engine. I can't prove it, but I guess I should talk bad about her for choosing to buy that car. Thats where I'm coming from.

-Keep Living

AWESOME RESONSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! And even if i bought a rubi because it "looks cool" or its "the most expensive one" thats my perogative. i didn't know I hadto qualify my use of something in order to buy it with my own hard earned money!!!!!
Old 06-18-2013, 06:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an 08 x with 3 in 35s and 4.56s with a few extra mods done and i have about 7 grand wrapped up in mine. Besides the lockers andquick disconnect sway bar links i think mine is comparable...IMO

Quick Reply: Why buy a Rubi?