Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why do Jeep companies have such poor service???

Old 07-12-2007, 03:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKGirl
WHY? I bought a set of seat covers...the seams ripped putting them on...in my opinion they are defective- poor seams....well the company wants me to pay to ship them back then they will send me a new part... I got my LOD bumper last month...well part of that was missing paint...I didn't compain because I know how they treat people....We got a crappy Lang Quick Mirror 1-- well that is a piece of crap and we emailed Lang and were basically told we are not using it right....?????? and that they have many Happy customers that know how to use it correctly???? huh?? ok.
I got a top from Victorias Secret. There was a tear in the material. I called. They apologized . Said send it back at their expense...and I could replace it or get my money back. Easy. Simple. I tell you you Jeepers should demand more. Its getting old. It just not fun to buy "crap" for the JK....

You ALWAYS seem to have lots of whine..... got any cheese to go with it.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:51 PM
JK Super Freak

forget about the seat covers... tell us more about the top you bought from Victoria Secrets

Old 07-13-2007, 06:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BILLARF
You ALWAYS seem to have lots of whine..... got any cheese to go with it.
Get a life....
Old 07-13-2007, 06:42 PM
JK Freak

Well so far like most I have bought and installed a ton of stuff for my JK, and have not had a single problem- lift kit, seat covers, electrical, bolt ons, etc... All great. All good stuff.

But if you wanna talk about great customer service for Jeep returns? Try this one:

I bought a sony head unit from Crutchfield for my TJ Rubicon so I could plug in an iPod (prior to '07 there was no aux input). Had it for about 2 months before I traded in the TJ for the JK. Well I wasn't about to throw the stealership any bones, so I pulled the stereo out before turning it in, figuring I could sell it on eBay for a buck or two.

Just out of curiosity, I called the boys at Crutchfield to see if I could at least get credit towards some speakers or what have you. Well the dude told me to ship it right back (all Crutchfield orders come with pre paid UPS return labels) and they credited my account! This after driving around in the mud for two months. Try that at Best Buy...LOL!
Old 07-13-2007, 06:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HEK
I've never had a bad experience with vendors of Jeep parts, but I have to say that the Service Departments of the vehciles I own are like night and day....
the Acura dealer has changed a burnt bulb, a worn leather seat cover at no charge and while I wait in a very nice waiting room with a fridge filled with many beverages at no cost as well as chocolates and wrapped pastry and a TV for each side of the waiting room...and the techs are polite and in clean uniforms, clean shaven, well just pleasant to deal with , now on the other hand at the Jeep dealership, the techs look like ZZ Top "wanna be's" in greasy uniforms or t shirts and don't even make eye contact with you so you can't ask them any questions, not to mention the waiting room with an empty burnt coffee pot...go figure........and I know it's not a Jeep thing...
The girl at my service department gives me a hug every time she sees me. The guys all wave and say hi. There is always fairly fresh coffee and a soda machine. The owner even put some free sodas and doughnuts out Wed morning for some unknown reason. I guess he made his sales figures or something. That said I can say I have heard horror stories everywehere with all types of dealers.

Quick Reply: Why do Jeep companies have such poor service???