Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why do so many people care about JK vs H3?

Old 02-01-2009, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do so many people care about JK vs H3?

Why does it seem there is a constant battle between the H2, H3 and JK? Out of curiousity I went to a Hummer forum to see if it were the same and its even worse there. They make fun of Wranglers more than we make fun of Hummers. It almost seems like theres jeolousy from both owners. To me, I bought my Wrangler because I love it as I'm sure so did all of you as well as H2 & H3 owners bought their Hummers because they love them. What it all comes down to is who really gives a f*ck which is better, as long as you like what you own.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tommy, thats about it.

but i do not envy them, as you said we were both a little envious of each other. i guess it's always been this way between jeeps and hummers they both have military history, the Jeep blows the hummer away on that one, but the hummer is more modernly used in the military, as the jeep still has many more off road capabilites. Each has their pro's and con's. if i were into hummers i'd be on their forums modding my rig, but i am better than that lol i think many of us just go along with it playfully, but there really are those hard core Hummer haters..

I'm sure there's alot more opinions on this subject though..
Old 02-01-2009, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TommyG
Why does it seem there is a constant battle between the H2, H3 and JK? Out of curiousity I went to a Hummer forum to see if it were the same and its even worse there. They make fun of Wranglers more than we make fun of Hummers. It almost seems like theres jeolousy from both owners. To me, I bought my Wrangler because I love it as I'm sure so did all of you as well as H2 & H3 owners bought their Hummers because they love them. What it all comes down to is who really gives a f*ck which is better, as long as you like what you own.
I agree!! I think people who buy these types of vehicles get really passionate about it. It's not just a vehicle to get you to work and back or to the grocery store, we really do love these things. I'm with you, I bought a Jeep because I believe they are the most capable off road and fit my needs. I personally don't like Hummers, maybe it's because 99% of the ones I see are running 22" spinners, low profile tires, chrome everywhere, and will obviously never be off pavement, but it's not mine so I really don't care. It's not just Jeeps vs. Hummers either, I used to own a GMC 2500 Duramax and would spend a lot of time on a forum, there was always trash talk between Ford Powerstroke vs GM Duramax vs. Dodge Cummins. Everybody said whatever they owned was the best and the other 2 sucked. It's like everybody has to justify what they bought by bashing the others.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

I love hummers, I had a girl friend in that new all about them.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rubydak
I love hummers, I had a girl friend in that new all about them.
Can we have a rimshot please?
Old 02-01-2009, 11:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Way before I ever thought about buying a jeep I thought that Hummers just looked pretentious and boring. I don't hate Hummers... I think they are overpriced and ugly and I would never buy one. haha, but I don't hate them.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i wondered into the hummer forums... and nothing is going on over there. not a thing. their top threads are about amps and stereos. it's funny actually b/c all they talk about is this is making a funny sound, this drinks oil like water, and will these 22's fit? and in the H1 section it's all about them breaking down on the highway and trying to sell them.. now i see why Jeepers dislike Hummers. a very very lame group at hummerforum, but there must be more forums b/c i know there are many jeep forums. but this one is by far the best most active forum i've ever been on.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:51 AM
JK Super Freak

A lot boils down to the ignorant calling a Jeep a Hummer, then Jeep owners getting defensive. There is also the other ignorant herd that calls anything that looks like it might possibly go offroad a Jeep. The sad truth is that far more Hummers than Jeeps never see anything other than the mall. It's pretty much the case with the vast majority of SUVs that they never get off pavement. The H1 was/is a badass vehicle, but the H2 and H3 were intended to attract the suburban microphalli that wanted to brag to the "Joneses" about owning a Hummer.

When I test drove a JK, another guy was there. He said he was trying to decide between the JK and an H3. For me, it wasn't even a question. Without the JK Unlimited on the market, it would still be my F150 while looking at my old CJ begging for fun.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:58 AM
JK Junkie

In the Second War Jeep was the truck of the soldiers.

In the Gulf War, Jeep has been replaced by the Humvee.
Many Jeepers are jealous about that.

Something is sure. Hummer will disappear in the next decade.

Personnaly, I like the new Hummer H3 pick-up 2009
Old 02-01-2009, 12:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally dont care about the hummer vs the Jeep, the thing that slightly annoys me is when people cant tell the damn difference and call my jeep a hummer other then that we all know which is better

Quick Reply: Why do so many people care about JK vs H3?