Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why Do you LOVE your jeep?

Old 10-25-2010, 06:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because it is our vessel to adventure. My girl and I have spent 20 years raising our youngins. Now that they don't need us for everything, We can just gooooooo. It is getting us back out into the great out doors that we love so much.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:43 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just love drivin' the thing....
Old 10-26-2010, 02:50 AM
Red
JK Enthusiast

I love my Jeep for a whole host of reasons. I love vehicles in general - cars, trucks, and bikes. Every vehicle I have ever owned has been very much modified and, as such, an expression of my personality. I love the Jeep for exactly that reason. However, I have a special place in my heart for my Jeep, just as I did for all the off road trucks I have owned. Not only are they a personal statement, but they can be a daily driver that gets you to work and hauls the kids and groceries, but at the same time it is a vehicle that can be used for fun. My race cars and my bikes can do all the same, but the Jeep really pulls the family together. A weekend off roading, with everything included from the prep to the repairs afterwards and the camping during, really brings the family together much more than say, a track day. It is for this reason that I love the Jeep more than all the other vehicles I own. Regardless if we are talking about a tropical vacation or a weekend get-a-way, my family and I have the most fun on the weekend off road trip, or even the day on the trail - and the Jeep is the reason for it. That's why it is so endearing to me.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2010BlueIslander
is it the off road capablities? Is it the Tradition behind the jeep? Is it the color of your jeep? Is it the endless possibilites of aftermarket parts? Is it the because of the look you get driving down the road? Is it because you can pick up any girl you wish just by having your jeep? Is it Because of the jeep community in your area tat gives you the wave as you pass?

For me its all this and more,Whats your thoughts?
All of the above and more.... (except picking up any girl, as I am married )

Plus:
It is a full convertible!

Last edited by John_B; 10-26-2010 at 03:10 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

To me, everything mentioned is something I love about my Jeep, but not why I love it. I've wanted one ever since I was 12 years old. One of the first things I remember using the internet for was to go onto Jeep's website back in 1997 and endlessly customize Wranglers, listening to Stop Making Sense by The Talking Heads. I'm just drawn to them. I've looked at getting everything from a new Camaro to a Ford Escape for my first brand new car, and couldn't escape that getting a Jeep was the only option for me. When I leave work after a shitty day, the feeling of climbing into the Mango erases it all. When the sun is shining and I have a smile on my face, driving with the top down makes the sun shine brighter and my smile get bigger. There's nothing better in the world than a Jeep, except for the pure bliss that is owning one.

It's kind of fitting that this ended up being my 100th post.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:08 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by blk08jkca
took my roomate wheeling yesterday (hed never been) the look on his face as we crossed streams, crawled up rocks was priceless..and the whole time he kept commenting how he didnt know anything on 4 wheels could do any of it....then again he drives a toyota camry lol
All of the reasons already stated in the thread. But, expanding on my own personal experience: I took a long-time friend of mine (flew in Vietnam War together) whom I hadn't seen in years for a week to Moab this past Apr/May. He's one of those guys who is huge into pick-ups--has to have 4WD, giant lift and tires, more power from the engine than a 4WD vehicle would ever need and than a pick-up truck can properly handle. You know the type--99% of built up, personal 4WD pick-up trucks are built for mall crawling and he's no exception. But, just like all of those other 4WD pick-up truck owners, he just KNOWS that it can do the same as a Jeep.

So, we're on the easy part of Fins and Things. The very beginning. He's never been off-road in a Jeep before. I put him in the seat to let him drive. He climbs on top of the first fin and within 60 seconds has to crawl down a moderately steep (the kind where you can't see where you're going) descent. Now, he's following my running partner (TORN), so he can see the line he took. He stops at the top, his breathing quickens, he expresses his fear. I coax him on--had the same problem in the same exact place with my son driving a year earlier. Finally, he turns off the engine, looks at me and says, "I can't do this!" and gets out of the Jeep.

Now, in all fairness my son had experience driving my Jeep off road. And my friend hadn't even seen it driven off road. But, still, if you're going to spend thousands of dollars lifting and enhancing a 4WD pick-up for off road work, what's the point if you can't drive it off road? Most Jeep owners aren't like that. Sure, there are plenty who don't off road. But, they don't go out and spend big bucks modding their Jeeps for off road, then do nothing with them. Yet, 99% of built up, personal, 4WD pick-up truck owners are total poseurs. I hate fakes. I'm not a fake in my Jeep, and this forum demonstrates that very few of us are.

BTW: During that week, my friend would drive plenty and would be begging to drive when we hit Elephant Hill Trail. He would later call me and tell me, "Mark, thanks for the greatest adventure I've ever had in my life. I cannot believe what a Jeep can do. I will never say again that my pick-up is just as good off road as a Jeep!"

That's why I love my Jeep.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 10-26-2010 at 03:11 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:24 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by blk08jkca
lol im getting my .50 cal mounted next week
I agree!

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2010, 03:27 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Dronac
Because it's built to survive the zombie apocalypse.
I agree!

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2010, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

.... because EVERY time I drive it, it makes me smile.... now THAT is a Jeep thing!!!!

Quick Reply: Why Do you LOVE your jeep?