Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why I Bought My Jk

Old 07-05-2007, 03:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Forgot Mitsubishi. I've always liked the styling of their cars and suv's. Dont know much about their quality though."

Yeah, I know. The only decent looking things they ever made was the 3000 and the Eclipse. I work on a lot of Eclipse's and about the only thing I can say is the corrosion protection is very poor. One thing I also noticed that almost every single Eclipse I ever worked on has been neglected inside and out. It would however be nice to find a second generation Eclipse GSX All-Wheel Drive that has been taken well care of with low miles. As far as SUV's go the Montero is way overpriced in its segment. The latest Eclipse looks pretty nice but they're too stupid to make a rice rocket All-Wheel Drive version so its pretty much a turn off for me.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought mine to look cool. it worked because i'm really cool now.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:36 PM
-

I brought this to the top of the list so people can re-read it, the new people anyway
Old 09-03-2007, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Funny read. I think you are wrong about Toyota but thats just opinion and we each have our own experiences.

You forgot to mention that along with the thin metaled Toyotas are the very thin metaled and very thinnly painted Jeep JK's.

My 07 Jeep JK has to be the thinnest sheet metal I have ever encountered on a vehicle and it looks like they put the thing together and then painted it. You know like we used to do with plastic models when we were kids. Its very noticeable , especially in black. And I have noticed it on other new jeeps on the lots.
Look around the hinges and where body panels meet, missed paint areas galore.

If we are telling the truth here then so be it.

I do like the ride and looks of my new jeep though.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Caboose
I brought this to the top of the list so people can re-read it, the new people anyway
Thanks for finding this Caboose, it was hellarious!!! And very accurate, too!
Old 09-04-2007, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great stuff!!!!

I agree completely with the exceptopn of you saying GM doesnt cut corners on their trucks... They look great I think.. and I love the 5.3 in my 4x4 GMC Sierra 1/2 ton... but thats it... All my buddies that have one too have broken tie rods (which are about the same size as my parents VW hatchback... and theyve all had problems with their frot CV axles.. Two have had to replace transmissions (ON TRUCKS UNDER 5 YEARS OLD!!!!) and my trans is staring to slip (2003 truck with under 45,000 miles).. And another forum im on say the trans mounts are toast right off the lot and the transmissions all move around brand new And this is all on full size trucks.

Vehicles are starting to scare me. Its like they dont have the right people building vehicles anymore. They've got dweebs building trucks (whats up with GM using IFS on a 3/4 and 1 ton) and computers building cars.

love my sahara.. and its definately stout.. but I dont know what to do with my truck or what to trade in for.. You cant buy a decent truck nowadays for under 40,000
Old 09-04-2007, 12:58 PM
JK Newbie

I'm in the auto body buisness also and this sums it all up. I could not have said it better. Most all vehicles are crap!
Old 01-02-2008, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

don't forget jeeps are crap too! Junk Each Every Piece!!! GOSH! who buys that TRASH!!!

i'm just kidding. JEEP all the way. your points are valid... though i work in a auto shop as well, is it me or are there a good bit of issues with acura suspensions? maybe it's just our shop/area.

Quick Reply: Why I Bought My Jk