JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Why I dispise dealedships! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/why-i-dispise-dealedships-204756/)

trippnk 11-14-2011 07:34 PM

Why I dispise dealedships!

I finally got some money together for a down payment on a 2012 jku so went to my local jeep dealer. I took One with similar options for a ride and was sold. We went inside and did the usual back and forth on price shook hands and then did all the finance paperwork. The jeep I was getting had to be picked up from 700mi away which I wasn't happy about but agreed to it because it had everything I was looking for. That was all on Friday, they called me today to inform me that my jeep had been sold over the weekend because the call wasn't made till early today to setup the dealer trade!! WTF

I went back up there this afternoon to workout a new deal. Come to find out a natural green 4dr auto with 3.73 gears is a real PITA to locate! They salesman told me that he couldn't find one with those options....... I told himto try looking farther out and he were less than enthused. At that point they wife and I packed up the kids for the second time and left. Oh, forgot to mention that they already took my old car and I'm rocking their loaner!

When I got home I went to jeep.com, built what I wanted a clicked locate...... Found one after about 15min! Called the sales manager directly and told him where to look and even emailed him the link. He better call me back tomorrow, and he better give me a free lift kit installed for my headache!

You might ask why not just find a new dealer but this one is close, they have my car, and the jeep I found is 900i away so they can get it on their dime.

Just thought I'd share with y'all

JK Jeepster 11-14-2011 08:05 PM

What a pain in the arse...I wouldnt settle for anything less that what you wanted in the first place and ride that loaner for as long as it took them to find the one you wanted. I wouldnt deal with that salesman if you can call him that, work the sales manager over hard.

Good luck, I think you have the most leverage here, use it.

HumblePie 11-14-2011 08:08 PM

Did you sign anything? Maybe buy from the other dealer and make the first one pay you for your car. I know it's a PITA but it's your ride and you should get what you are happy with for a price you are comfortable paying. I have bought too many cars to play any "games" or not have anything as agreed upon. Don't settle and definitely make sure you get exactly what you are looking for. Hopefully they are apologetic...at least that would be a start... :)

cyclone.1983 11-14-2011 08:36 PM

My guess as to what actually happened is based off what happened to me when I use to sell vehicles. I would locate a vehicle that was available and when I finally got a hold of the dealership they had sold it and it hadnt been updated or the dealership had a "deal" working on that vehicle and refused to trade.

You finding that Jeep online when they couldnt find one to trade for doesnt mean anything. Often times there are vehicles they cant trade for or if a smaller dealership for example has onley a few jeeps they dont have to trade so they dont show up in the system.

This exact thing happend to me when I tried to get a Sahara Tan from my normal dealership and the place 30 miles away wouldnt let them have theirs and there was nothing they could do about it.

Often times people are quick to blame a dealership when they dont understand how they work and keep in mind their number 1 goal is to help you find a vehicle so their prob doing whatever they can.

sringer 11-14-2011 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by cyclone.1983
My guess as to what actually happened is based off what happened to me when I use to sell vehicles. I would locate a vehicle that was available and when I finally got a hold of the dealership they had sold it and it hadnt been updated or the dealership had a "deal" working on that vehicle and refused to trade.

You finding that Jeep online when they couldnt find one to trade for doesnt mean anything. Often times there are vehicles they cant trade for or if a smaller dealership for example has onley a few jeeps they dont have to trade so they dont show up in the system.

This exact thing happend to me when I tried to get a Sahara Tan from my normal dealership and the place 30 miles away wouldnt let them have theirs and there was nothing they could do about it.

Often times people are quick to blame a dealership when they dont understand how they work and keep in mind their number 1 goal is to help you find a vehicle so their prob doing whatever they can.

I understand that. Still sorry to hear that man. I'd be bummed

JK Jeepster 11-15-2011 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by cyclone.1983 (Post 2656597)

I can understand what you are saying here but as a customer, when the Dealership TELLS ME they have a vehicle for me, then go thru the process of taking my trade in, signing my life away on paperwork and taking my MONEY and then later tell me they dont have it....feck them. Its not my problem to understand why they dont have it. The salesman neglected to call the Dealer that had the vehicle THAT DAY that it was a done deal and to get it shipped. Im sure there is some kind of "honor" system between dealerships of some sort. Now you are fecked because the salesman was either lazy or never had that vehicle in the first place. Well, we may or may not have it but we probably do is nuts.

wired 11-15-2011 04:32 AM

I do believe the contract that you signed for the original jeep is null and void if it was sold. Maked the dealership pay dearly for the stupid mistake.

Jersey Joe 11-15-2011 04:48 AM

What a rip-off . . . it makes me angry to read about this sort of thing! . . . :naw:

Giving the OP a runaround like that . . . :mad:

Anyway, it's MOST important to get the exact vehicle you want . . . these things are so expensive, and will last you so many years, that if you don't get what you want, you will be unhappy at ANY price !

Too late to say, maybe . . . but perhaps you should have ORDERED the exact Jeep you wanted. I was tempted to do that, but at the last moment, I stumbled across an available model.

Maybe I was just lucky. Sorry for you, hope things work out alright!

All best,
Joe

nathanmares 11-15-2011 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by JK Jeepster (Post 2656848)
I can understand what you are saying here but as a customer, when the Dealership TELLS ME they have a vehicle for me, then go thru the process of taking my trade in, signing my life away on paperwork and taking my MONEY and then later tell me they dont have it....feck them. Its not my problem to understand why they dont have it. The salesman neglected to call the Dealer that had the vehicle THAT DAY that it was a done deal and to get it shipped. Im sure there is some kind of "honor" system between dealerships of some sort. Now you are fecked because the salesman was either lazy or never had that vehicle in the first place. Well, we may or may not have it but we probably do is nuts.

First rule in buying anything, never give money to someone for something you cannot see. I know this is not a scam they are trying on you but it happens all the time from craigslist and other places.

I am sure you will be able to get your money back, it might be a little hassle but you will not lose anything but time.

Just remember if you can't see it do you really know what you are buying?

jbird416 11-15-2011 06:01 AM

I don't know if you are willing to wait but you should have them order you exactly what you want and rack up the miles on their loaner until it gets in. I know that puts you without your Jeep for at least a month but at least you have the satisfaction of knowing you are getting exactly what you want. Sorry to hear about your headache. This is why I didn't want my local dealer "finding" my JK but I only had to drive 2 hours to get the one I wanted.