JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Why I dispise dealedships! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/why-i-dispise-dealedships-204756/)

trippnk 11-19-2011 07:28 AM

Well that is crap!!!

EarlyJk 11-19-2011 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by trippnk
Well that is crap!!!

Yup. Thats why id think about purchasing a 30k vehicle sight unseen from a dealership that is gonna send their least needed employee to pick up your new rig an basically joy ride the fuck outta it 100 or so miles back to the place you are buyin it from. Its almost better to take the ride up yourself an deal with that dealership for buying.

HumblePie 11-19-2011 08:07 AM

Also, make sure you do not pay for a delivery or destination charge other than the factory $800. I argued with a dealer for 20 minutes about this. They found the vehicle I wanted but it was in IL. That translated to a $2200 delivery fee. I let them know if they wanted me to buy from them they had two options eat the delivery cost or let me order the vehicle through Chrysler. After the 20 min of discussion with their sales manager and various staff, I made it clear I was not going to pay that on top of the $800 factory delivery and ended up ordering my vehicle. Sure I have to wait but I am not paying another $2200.

As I mentioned earlier, I have bought a lot of cars. There are plenty of ways that a dealer can work a sale to their advantage. Know the total price (Tax + delivery, etc.) and what the monthly cost will be through your bank/credit union. Those are your tools to stand by. If the dealer can beat your monthly price, great. Never go over. Never. Walk away if the deal isn't meeting those/your terms. Remember It's likely that you will be paying this off for years and you want to be happy with your purchase. Two other opinions...Never get into a discussion about what you are "willing to pay" each month and never play the "+" or "four square" negotion game...In the end you will lose...

Good general reading...a little outdated and long but good reading nonetheless...
Confessions of a car salesman

Fenrir 11-19-2011 08:21 AM

You are nuts to give them your car without already having the car they promised.

My dealer had to get a vehicle from 3 hours away and they didn't even ask for my old car until the other car was on the lot.

Why put yourself in that situation?

trippnk 11-19-2011 10:18 AM

The loaner they gave me till my Jeep arrives is a 2011 grand Cherokee so I'm not to upset about them having my old grand. Lol

Chasin Tail 11-19-2011 10:47 AM

are you putting $10k plus your Trade in for the down payment?

I hope it all works out. keep us posted

trippnk 11-19-2011 10:59 AM

Yup only financing like $20k

Chadc880 11-19-2011 11:15 AM

Count me in I am interested as well on the outcome on this

Unforgivable 11-19-2011 12:18 PM

I bought mine. Dealer said it never had any work done to it ever. Clean carfax. And a month after buying it, the clutch goes at 56,000! I look under the jeep, which was my fault for not doing at the dealer, and some cheap as weld job highly pointing to the tranny being taken out more than once. Get my cousin to drop the tranny and open her up to find some 10 dollar cheap ass aftermarket clutch. He threw a stock clutch in for me thank god. But really? Lol everyone wants your money and nobody gives a rats ass about reputation anymore. It was Jeep Chrysler and Dodge in Springfield PA. After the fix though, nothing else was found to be "bad". Overall I still love my jeep :)

m998dna 11-19-2011 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by trippnk (Post 2668217)
The loaner they gave me till my Jeep arrives is a 2011 grand Cherokee so I'm not to upset about them having my old grand. Lol

Yeah, don't sweat it if they gave you a newer loaner... they processed your trade, so you really don't have a choice in the matter. Just work with them and make sure you get what you want. Also, I would tell them to fly you in to the nearest dealer and pick up your new Jeep so you can drive it home.

There's plenty of inventory out there, use all your options.