Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why I dispise dealedships!

Old 11-15-2011, 06:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It took me 4+ months on Autotrader.com looking for a green, 2dr, hardtop, 6sp until one finally showed up at a local dealer.

Keep searching.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'll say it again, just my opinion but never go to stealerships, or only go for a quick look or a quick test drive then leave w/o talking.
As this thread states you can research all available Jeeps yourself online w/o any stealership help.
Do all your negotiating thru email (tread lightly discount is what I went with on my 11').
If the dealership won't negotiate say have a nice day and move on.
It took me a lot of online and email searching to find a stealership that honored the tread lightly discount.
Also of course rarely or never give your trade in to a stealership; sell it yourself.
The stealership I bought from delivered my Jeep to me; I've still never set foot on a stealership lot, though I just got some sort of recall notice so now I'll have to.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I drove down to SLC and spent prob half a day driving around to the different dealerships looking for the Jeep I wanted in one of the 2 colors I would've bought. I finally found one at the 4th dealership, though I wish I wouldn't have. They dicked me around on price for 4 hours! After that any warranty issues were a total fight. I started going to the closest dealership last year and now I really wish I had just gone to them in the beginning and had them find the one I wanted. Much better people to deal with and closer to boot.

Sorry about your crap deal. I'd make them get you what you want though, and drive their loaner until it shows.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

Well to update,

I found one with all the right options 200mi away but it's a rubi! I decided to take y'alls advice and get what I want. My last wrangler was a 03 rubi so a sport would be a step down lol!

So back to the dealership I went! This time I spoke directly with a sales manager, told him I would only pay $32949 for it which is the USAA guaranteed price and put $10500 down. I was there for 15min max, he told me he would call the other dealer and work his mojo. So..... Waiting for the call
Old 11-19-2011, 04:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by trippnk
Well to update,

I found one with all the right options 200mi away but it's a rubi! I decided to take y'alls advice and get what I want. My last wrangler was a 03 rubi so a sport would be a step down lol!

So back to the dealership I went! This time I spoke directly with a sales manager, told him I would only pay $32949 for it which is the USAA guaranteed price and put $10500 down. I was there for 15min max, he told me he would call the other dealer and work his mojo. So..... Waiting for the call

Well . . . don't keep us in suspense!

What happened?

All best, and good luck,
Joe
Old 11-19-2011, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Well to update,

You put $10.5K down and traded in your vehicle on a Jeep you could not drive off the lot??
Old 11-19-2011, 06:01 AM
JK Newbie

Yay me, I'm waiting for the phone to ring. The dealer called me Wed and said the Rubi 200mi away had been sold but they found one with more options in AL and wanted to know if I was interested. They emailed me the window sticker, I said heck ya but wasn't paying a cent for the extra options. Last night my sales man called and said they jeep would be there super late and they will call me today when its all cleaned up and ready for pickup. I'm not sure what they are expecting me to pay for this new jeep but I gave them an exact figure on the last one and said I would pay no more. So with my fingers crossed I'll have a new 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon in Natural Green in my driveway by the end of the day.

Oh, they are putting my tires on and fixing my speedo along with buying back my stockers but I have to wait till Monday for that because the service department is all backed up. I might put one on just to see what it will look like though.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-mythical-jeep

Forgot to mention that my TF leveling kit is in the mail and will be going on next weekend!!!!!
Old 11-19-2011, 06:55 AM
JK Freak

Yay me, I'm waiting for the phone to ring. The dealer called me Wed and said the Rubi 200mi away had been sold but they found one with more options in AL and wanted to know if I was interested. They emailed me the window sticker, I said heck ya but wasn't paying a cent for the extra options. Last night my sales man called and said they jeep would be there super late and they will call me today when its all cleaned up and ready for pickup. I'm not sure what they are expecting me to pay for this new jeep but I gave them an exact figure on the last one and said I would pay no more. So with my fingers crossed I'll have a new 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon in Natural Green in my driveway by the end of the day.

Oh, they are putting my tires on and fixing my speedo along with buying back my stockers but I have to wait till Monday for that because the service department is all backed up. I might put one on just to see what it will look like though.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-mythical-jeep

Forgot to mention that my TF leveling kit is in the mail and will be going on next weekend!!!!!
Also the problem with buying a Jeep(or any vehicle for that matter) that is X miles away is how that get it to you. They send a monkey up there to drive it from point A to point B(your dealership). An I dont think itll be a person worried about the break-in period on your new rig. Good luck with that
Old 11-19-2011, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

That brings a question to mind. Anyone know if my 36k mile warranty will start at 0 or what the odometer reads when I pick kit up?
Old 11-19-2011, 07:03 AM
JK Freak

That brings a question to mind. Anyone know if my 36k mile warranty will start at 0 or what the odometer reads when I pick kit up?
Zero. An the 36mon starts at the date it was put into service on.

Quick Reply: Why I dispise dealedships!