Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why order a JK

Old 12-26-2013, 09:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why order a JK

WHY does there seem to be so many "orders" of JKs?
WHAT is the benefit of ordering a JK?
HOW does one order a JK?
is it cheaper or something?
how long does it take?
Old 12-26-2013, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't answer all of your questions but ordering a jk is good to get exactly what you want and nothing more, a lot of dealership jeeps I have seen are either fully loaded or bare, nothing in between. And I believe you can order them online or at the dealer. I believe they take about 8 weeks to get but could be wrong

Thanks,
Sean
Old 12-26-2013, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by saiyan slayr915
WHY does there seem to be so many "orders" of JKs?
WHAT is the benefit of ordering a JK?
HOW does one order a JK?
is it cheaper or something?
how long does it take?
So, military members have access to a program called exchange new car sales(ENCS). They have decent prices, but I wouldn't say it's the best deal I could get. But I get to order it exactly the way I want, no haggling, and still get it for less than MSRP. That being said, I am in Germany and that's my only real option for getting a vehicle I can take back to the states. No to mention sales tax here is 19% on everything! Also, through that program I get an extremely good deal on a 7 year bumper to bumper warranty that covers the Jeep overseas. I will also be here for 3 years, and we have been kicking around the idea of getting a new Jeep for a while and just hadn't had the time.

So that's why I did it. Others probably do it because they just want to have exactly what they want. I know I have ended up in vehicles that were a color I didn't particularly want, but everything else was right for the price. I think it's just personal opinion to be honest.

If I was in the states, I most likely would have gotten one from a dealership because I like to haggle and I'm pretty good at it, lol. I have found that if you make reasonable offers you can usually get what you want at a much lower price. However, choosing a vehicle already on the lot usually means you're not gonna get EXACTLY what you want unless you get really lucky and find exactly what you are looking for.

But yeah, just my 2 cents!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it will probably take about 2 months for me to get mine! It's going to be a miserable wait!
Old 12-26-2013, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Custom

Can get exactly what you want. In my case, I wanted everything taken off. As basic as possible, since I was going to replace everything with aftermarket anyway. I also wanted half doors and a manual transmission. Super hard to find. Called across a 200 mile radius and even Jeep dealers did not know what I meant by half doors. And stick was almost as rare.

Finally got the Jeep. They had put Rubicon wheels and sliders on it. Had them take them off when they got to the dealership... wanted base vehicle... zero upgrades.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:56 AM
JK Freak

I was going to order, but didnt. I ended up driving 2 hours away to get my JK. Finding one at a dealer with the options I wanted was hard to do. When I did finally find one set up the way I wanted, it was the wrong color. My wife and I went ahead and bought it because we didnt really want to wait another couple months. I love my JK, but sometimes think I should have ordered so I could get a red one.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Schlieko
Can get exactly what you want. In my case, I wanted everything taken off. As basic as possible, since I was going to replace everything with aftermarket anyway. I also wanted half doors and a manual transmission. Super hard to find. Called across a 200 mile radius and even Jeep dealers did not know what I meant by half doors. And stick was almost as rare.

Finally got the Jeep. They had put Rubicon wheels and sliders on it. Had them take them off when they got to the dealership... wanted base vehicle... zero upgrades.
ok, but your still limited as to what "base model" that you are building off of, correct?

Jeep - Build & Price - Options

^ is this what we are talking about; build and price?
Old 12-26-2013, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Correct

Exactly. All the extras that you would see on a sticker sheet it what I wanted removed. No leather seats (cover them), no power windows, half doors, no carpet mats, no nice wheels... then I can do what I want. I did not go with the Rubicon because I could not get less than the base. It comes with a bunch of great trail stuff, but then a ton of extras that was of no interest to me.

I wish Jeep would offer a true off roader version. Beefy suspension with no extras inside the Jeep. Cannot tell you how much stock stuff I have pulled off the jeep. If I could buy a no bumper jeep, would have done it!
Old 12-26-2013, 01:08 PM
JK Newbie

Exactly. All the extras that you would see on a sticker sheet it what I wanted removed. No leather seats (cover them), no power windows, half doors, no carpet mats, no nice wheels... then I can do what I want. I did not go with the Rubicon because I could not get less than the base. It comes with a bunch of great trail stuff, but then a ton of extras that was of no interest to me.

I wish Jeep would offer a true off roader version. Beefy suspension with no extras inside the Jeep. Cannot tell you how much stock stuff I have pulled off the jeep. If I could buy a no bumper jeep, would have done it!
you fab your own stuff? or you buying new axles? And im new to JKs, so is the (REAR) D44 standard on all JKs/JKUs? If so, what if the diff between Rubi D44 and non Rubi D44? besides the locker, gear ratio/carrier... axle shafts???

I really wish my TJ was never stolen. JKs are different...
Old 12-26-2013, 01:17 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Seanb33
I can't answer all of your questions but ordering a jk is good to get exactly what you want and nothing more, a lot of dealership jeeps I have seen are either fully loaded or bare, nothing in between. And I believe you can order them online or at the dealer. I believe they take about 8 weeks to get but could be wrong Thanks, Sean
ditto....

I ordered mine as I wanted specific options and color. It was in route on a train to Manassas, VA. So new and freshly built, the fumes from the interior damn near made me puke and get a migraine on the 3+ hour drive home.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:59 PM
JK Newbie

so am i wrong to assume that i need to upgrade the entire axle assembly (front and rear) of Sport JKU in order to run 35-37 inch tires? I heard a long time ago that the housings are weak.

Beginning to think more and more that i dont need/want a Rubi... But what to stock D30/D44 axles go for (as far as take-off parts)? No one probably wants the 30.

Basically, where id like to end up is with 35-37 inch tires, arb locker in the back to start out with, and Metal Cloak's duroflex suspension lift.
I would probably go with aftermarket D44 F&R. or Rear RJ D60 and front D44 (depending on how easy it is to fit a 60 out back, that is). not worried about transfercase right now.

Quick Reply: Why order a JK