Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why order a JK

Old 12-27-2013, 10:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

if you order it will also have the latest up to date software, and any fixes,,ie wont have to worry was one on lot built before pentastar head fix, or does it have the tranny line recall applied, etc.. as any known defects that required a factory fix will be in the stream for your newly ordered JK as opposed to one being on the lot for 6,8 or more months...

also less likliehood of it arriving scratched or dinged from careless lot boys.. or havuing it wheeled by salesman that took it home over weekend etc...

ive ordered several of my Jeeps..

-Christopher
Old 12-27-2013, 10:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Wish I ordered mine I would've chosen half doors. I love them but not enough to buy them when I already have doors.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live up in North county went through Bob Baker. They will go to great lengths to get you exactly what you want without ordering. I negotiated a price for what I wanted. As it turned out they were unable to get the jeep in they thought they were going to. I ended up finding exactly what I wanted at another dealership so I called them and told them the price I was willing to pay which was exactly what I negotiated at Bob Baker. They basically said to pound sand so I went back to Bob Baker told them about the jeep. They worked out a trade brought in the vehicle and sold it to me at the negotiated price.

Then I got a phone call from the other dealership asking me if I was still interested in buying a new jeep and what could they do to help me

Anyway I share that story since we live in the same area. I also have a friend who bought a few months prior from Bob Baker and they had to order his, took almost exactly 8 weeks. Usually you can negotiate a better deal for something sitting on the lot already, they will even install things at the dealership if you find something you like minus say a tow package or something. Everything is negotiable.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Dana 30?

I upgraded only my axle shaft (G2 Placer) and run 37s with a 4" lift. No problems and I run it pretty hard. I may think about trussing the axle. Definitely, C gussets on the radar to install soon. I almost put the sleeve in... but didn't think I needed it. 35s ran on stock 30 and I beat on it for years. I think with some trussing, axle shaft and maybe sleeve, that's seems like a fairly tough setup.

And maybe someday after I have my fill of the current upgrades, will toss the entire axle and upgrade. I really like the Sport because it was a blank canvas. I didn't mind chucking anything on it... I also keep my Jeep super dirty. Once did something behind the dash and it was caked with mud. I have no idea how that happened... but I don't feel guilty thrashing a Sport, like I would a Rubicon.

One last thought. Wonder if you could custom order a base with the axles (only) upgraded? I never thought about trying that?

Originally Posted by saiyan slayr915
so am i wrong to assume that i need to upgrade the entire axle assembly (front and rear) of Sport JKU in order to run 35-37 inch tires? I heard a long time ago that the housings are weak.

Beginning to think more and more that i dont need/want a Rubi... But what to stock D30/D44 axles go for (as far as take-off parts)? No one probably wants the 30.

Basically, where id like to end up is with 35-37 inch tires, arb locker in the back to start out with, and Metal Cloak's duroflex suspension lift.
I would probably go with aftermarket D44 F&R. or Rear RJ D60 and front D44 (depending on how easy it is to fit a 60 out back, that is). not worried about transfercase right now.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepaRoo
if you order it will also have the latest up to date software, and any fixes,,ie wont have to worry was one on lot built before pentastar head fix, or does it have the tranny line recall applied, etc.. as any known defects that required a factory fix will be in the stream for your newly ordered JK as opposed to one being on the lot for 6,8 or more months...

also less likliehood of it arriving scratched or dinged from careless lot boys.. or havuing it wheeled by salesman that took it home over weekend etc...

ive ordered several of my Jeeps..

-Christopher
dings??? haha. dings are GREAT in my book! Especially if they all have dings. My parents used to shop for cars after hail storms; great discounts... Its only a flesh wound.

Quick Reply: Why order a JK