Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why a Rubicon?????

Old 07-08-2008, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dlock314
If everyone plans on upgrading and completely changing the jeep why even pay the extra money for a rubicon????? Almost everyone i see has lifted and regeared with bigger tires and the aftermarket makes swaybar disconnects so why pay all that extra money??? wouldnt you just be paying for stickers? Or am i missing something????
because the rubicon comes with more than just stickers, discos, and tires.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:19 PM
JK Newbie

skeptic if you read i mentioned that but i also mentioned switching them out, i relaize stock it come with that which is why i mentioned people whjo have upgraded those things.. hahaha
Old 07-08-2008, 12:27 PM
JK Freak

WHO pays MSRP for anything...? let alona a Jeep?

I started the jeep site's build your own--- and was VERY quickly nearing rubicon prices without toooooooo much trouble.

But 2 diffs (done right......), a tranfer case, electric disco's and what not....are gonna cost ya' more than $7K
Old 07-08-2008, 12:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default rubi

I think if you were going to build a serious rock crawler, an X would be the way to go sice you'd likely change the axles and t- case. for most people who just want clearance and an all around trail rig the rubicon cant be beat. my rubi has rock protection, lift, and 35s and its done (I think)
Old 07-08-2008, 12:28 PM
JK Freak

i dont think there is a real answer
Old 07-08-2008, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rockemsock
65% of statistics are false...according to 3 out 5 Statisticians surveyed.
I like to think I'm 90% correct, 50% percent of the time.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:51 PM
JK Super Freak

AH, THE INFAMOUS BATTLE BETWEEN RUBI'S AND X'S.....

...CAN...

...OPEN...

...WORMS...

...EVERYWHERE..

...OH GOD...

here we go...
personally I went the X route....lets break it down...

the e-disconnects....come on...get underneath it and disconnect them yourself...not worth the extra $1500

The dana 44 front and rear with lockers and gears...again nice but Mopar has put them on the market for (bolt-in) for $1400 each....

Rubicon rock guards....well since you fellas with your Rubicons paid extra for them and still end up removing them....we X owners can pick them up off ya'll for $150

Sit down and do the math...if you've got the cash and can get something BETTER than a Rubicon out of an X for less $....then go for it....

....but if you don't have the cash but can afford the monthly payments then they have it all in a nice neat pricey little package for you....

X - starting at $19,680

Rubicon - starting at $28,240

...the Rubicon does not have $10,000 worth of upgrades to it...sorry

I got the base "X" and have only put $3,500 into it...and I KNOW I can keep up
Old 07-08-2008, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well---Lets see---I have a 2008 Rubi---Am not able to do the labor to add the parts anymore Just to old and worn out to do it. I Paid Cash for the Rubi no payments. Down the line in years to come the Rubi will have a better Resale value. But what the Heck. We all have different reasons. Enjoy life.
Went to Moab in May and tried some of the trails sure is a lot different from mud and sand.
Have a great and safe day.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by FourEyes45
Well---Lets see---I have a 2008 Rubi---Am not able to do the labor to add the parts anymore Just to old and worn out to do it. I Paid Cash for the Rubi no payments. Down the line in years to come the Rubi will have a better Resale value. But what the Heck. We all have different reasons. Enjoy life.
Went to Moab in May and tried some of the trails sure is a lot different from mud and sand.
Have a great and safe day.
See there you go everyone has there own reasons....all in all we're here for the same thing...to hit the trails...

OH YEA...It was said earlier that "it's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand"....how is someone going to say that when it's a Jeep Forum....don't think that sticker makes yours anymore of a Jeep than anyone else...

...and REAL RIGS ARE BUILT NOT BOUGHT....i THINK THIS MAKES IT A "JEEP THANG"
Old 07-08-2008, 01:21 PM
JK Freak

So you don't have to upgrade everything

Quick Reply: Why a Rubicon?????