Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The wife wants to trade our 08 in..

Old 07-23-2013, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good deal? 30k not sure if the guy meant out the door or not, had to run before they made me sign, the guy was very pushy.. they offered 19k for my 08 jku x with 74k miles

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2761101986.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	481294
Old 07-23-2013, 05:48 PM
JK Freak

I would guess based on MSRP that is right around invoice. They will print you out a sheet showing invoice, you should shoot for below.

A dealer isn't going to add in tax and license into the quote so add that in, but that should never be part of the negotiations with the dealer.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Going to look at a few more on Friday, I got to drive the new engine, it deff has a lot more power to it, but it was a stock, kind of hard to tell how it will drive once I put my duratracs on it but it has to be better than my 08 right now
Old 07-24-2013, 02:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could do a lot to my 3.8L Jeep with $11,000.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pwain
I could do a lot to my 3.8L Jeep with $11,000.
So you can get a crate 3.8L motor with 0 miles on it. Install the motor and a ripp supercharger. That's pretty much all you can do. The 3.6 will have a couple miles on it a warranty. The whole frame,drivetrain,suspension, and countless other components that are on the Jeep will have not have years of wear on it.

It's like doing a Boob job on a 60 year old woman. Yes there going to look great... But smaller boobs on a 20 something girl is going to look better and the whole thing is going to have less wear.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK

So you can get a crate 3.8L motor with 0 miles on it. Install the motor and a ripp supercharger. That's pretty much all you can do. The 3.6 will have a couple miles on it a warranty. The whole frame,drivetrain,suspension, and countless other components that are on the Jeep will have not have years of wear on it.

It's like doing a Boob job on a 60 year old woman. Yes there going to look great... But smaller boobs on a 20 something girl is going to look better and the whole thing is going to have less wear.
Hahahahaha!!!!!!! I like the analogy!
Old 07-24-2013, 04:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK

Meh, Great logic for a Toyota Camry that will never be modified or abused. II voided my warranty before the first oil change. But if the wife is happier driving to Lands End in a "brand new" jeep, so be it.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I hear ya. I modded my Jeep the first month I had it. I sill think my warranty on my engine is good. The only mods to the engine system is my snorkel. But if they give me a hassle about it I know mechanics that will work on it.

Quick Reply: The wife wants to trade our 08 in..