Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Will putting a "hybrid" sticker on keep the greenies off your back?

Old 05-19-2008, 01:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just tell them you can park on their hood if you want to.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ask the damned pinheads if their vehicle will still be on the road 40 years from now..... very seldom do you see a CJ, YJ, TJ scrapped. Only the total loss wrecks or burn jobs get scrapped. The JK will be no different. How much energy does it take to manufacture a complete jeep from scratch- much more than rebuilding. How much energy will it take to manufacture 5 light duty hybrids to last that same 40 years? Don't forget the battery disposal and that seperate problem on the environment.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default sure

More than likely... since they only look at MPG, and nothing else like capacity, capabilities, cost to own / repair... then sure...

the faster we burn off the oil, the faster we have to switch to something else
Old 05-19-2008, 05:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great article!

Originally Posted by undertow119
Print this out and hand it to any greenies that give you shit about your Jeep:

http://clubs.ccsu.edu/Recorder/edito...asp?NewsID=188

Hey, I love the environment too, but the fact is, motor vehicles are responsible for less than 1 percent of the carbon emissions in the world. The rest comes from heavy industry which, by the way, includes the manufacture and transport of the ethanol that they're diluting our gasoline with now. That stuff is the biggest snow job ever pulled against our government by the environmentalist nazis.

Don't even get me started.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:36 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The folks that are harassing you have no idea what they are talking about. Real "greenies" know the truth about hybrids. I posted this article in another thread:

EDIT: Dangit, the link doesn't work anymore.... I'll have to find it again, but it basically explains how the Wrangler is one of the "greenest" vehicles you can buy. Here's an abbreviated version-- it sucks because the original article was so good...
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...le-423233.html

The whole thread is here:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/environmental-concerns-32866/

Last edited by doojer; 05-19-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

If they had any idea of the 'carbon footprint' they leave when transporting those humongous batteries and components in the hybrid cars to the U.S. not to mention their production alone, then they would think again. You can drive your jeep for years and rest assured your doing less damage environmentally than they are.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

i think my license plate should be:

"13MPG"
Old 05-19-2008, 06:17 PM
JK Freak

A resource means that it is intended for us to USE it.
One good volcanic eruption produces more co/green house gas then the past 100 years of motor vehicle usage.
Ethanol is good for our farmers and will eventually ruin the middle east economy. But it is a very long term plan. Brazil runs almost all ethanol vehicles with no problems.
<<< I despise ETHANOL as a fuel additive though.

ROFL.... this thread has to many hillarious posts to compete with...

and the carbon-bio fuel sticker thingy...lol.. is AWESOME. I think I should sell them from my gas stations...
Old 05-19-2008, 08:45 PM
JK Freak

My neighbor stopped his eco-nazi global warming rants when my gas guzzling Jeep pulled his electric-gerbal powered pansy Prius out of a flashflooded rain swell one night at 2 am. In his Ph.d mind, he thought he could safely drive through a flooded intersection, 30 inches deep and actually make it, because a RAV 4 made it through. I think it cost him about 7000 dollars to replace the electrical components in the Prius. All that aside, he is a nice guy and his hot wife winks at me in my Jeep.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

If oil is from dead dinosaurs, then it IS a Bio-fuel, if coal is from dead plants it too is a Bio-fuel. I told a greenie that once and he looked at me like a dog hearing a sharp sound.

Quick Reply: Will putting a "hybrid" sticker on keep the greenies off your back?