Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Windshield wipers

Old 12-19-2013, 05:29 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I also use bosch icon blades and they work GREAT! Best wiper I've ever bought! Lol I screwed myself on my first pair I got and after spending iver $40 for stinking wipers I installed a 50" light bar and the factory size wipers hit it. I'm currently running 12 " wipers (still bosch icons)

Sent from my obama monitoring device
Old 01-18-2014, 06:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Skip the Scurbblades, have had them for about nine months, not worth the price IMHO
Old 01-18-2014, 06:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been using rain x latitudes for years now and they are an excellent wiper for the money.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Where can I find a rear wiper blade
Old 01-18-2014, 07:17 PM
JK Newbie

AQUAPEL!!! Same stuff they use on planes that don't have wipers. With this stuff you only need wipers in very heavy rain. I can drive down the freeway with light rain and not even hit the wipers. Just picked up a 6 pack on Amazon for $24. It's cheap and lasts about 6 months. Really only need to do once a year.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Grimmjpr
Ive had really good luck with the Trico Force from Orilieys auto parts. Usually can go almost a year before they start to get crappy. Most others ive tried would go only a few months before chattering and streaking....
I just bought those today on sale for $12 a piece and put some on the wife's liberty. They was better than the junk stock for sure. The only real problem I noticed with the wrangler is the wipers sit to low on the windshield to stay in a warm spot to keep from icing up the blade when it's really cold. Aside from that it'll plow through as much snow as I make it.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Hogghead
The only real problem I noticed with the wrangler is the wipers sit to low on the windshield to stay in a warm spot to keep from icing up the blade when it's really cold. Aside from that it'll plow through as much snow as I make it.
I noticed that today in this snowstorm we're having. Had a pile of ice building up on the driver's side, on the bottom while the center of the windshield was just a slushy mess. I wonder if running the defroster at full blast would make a difference?

I have a set of PIAA Super Silicones on my MINI Cooper that are outrageously good - haven't had to Rain-X that windscreen in a year and a half. Doesn't look like they make them for a JK, though...
Old 01-21-2014, 04:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Thorrrrrr
I noticed that today in this snowstorm we're having. Had a pile of ice building up on the driver's side, on the bottom while the center of the windshield was just a slushy mess. I wonder if running the defroster at full blast would make a difference?

I have a set of PIAA Super Silicones on my MINI Cooper that are outrageously good - haven't had to Rain-X that windscreen in a year and a half. Doesn't look like they make them for a JK, though...
There you go...

I went with Trico Neoform and so far I'm happy with 'em.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:03 PM
JK Super Freak

I have a hard time with wiper blades because they hit my windshield banner ( I think ) or they just suck. I went and got the icons and they are real streaky and Chattery. My old $8 ones worked great loved them. Also I do polish and clean the glass as well as use a good silicone lub on the wiper blades ( anyways helps )
Old 01-22-2014, 05:08 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by crusaderJK
There you go...

I went with Trico Neoform and so far I'm happy with 'em.
Hey thanks! From some of the other posts, I thought the fronts were 13".... Thanks for the link - ordered the PIAA's since they've been good to me on the MINI.

Quick Reply: Windshield wipers